Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If You Thought He Was Joking
Would you be less inclined to think that this was a joke if he had said kike, spik, mick, chink, or whatever ethnicity you identify with 10 9.80%
Would you still think that he was joking if he was mocking your ethnic group 52 50.98%
This Was Not a Joke. Kramer Hates Black People 40 39.22%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: how many times have you gone busto

ive been busto a few times it rly sucks
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 PM

twice. kept playing over my roll and it cost me. i think i needed to do it cuz now i appreciate just how much it takes to play any game regularly (huuuuuuuuuuuuge br nit now)
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM

once i get a real job ill never be busto for more than 2 weeks!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it hard to belive that since the poker boom that 46% of people who answered this post on this have NEVER gone busto. if you have never gone busto, and you are not a millionaire you just suck ass. i have bustoed probably 12 or 13 times, and have still made aprox 40k in PROFITS between live and the interwebs, and if i had never gone busto i imagine that i would have made close to 500k by now not even playing full time. and in my opinion, i have only the slightest edge gainst breakeven msnl players. i would venture to say IMO the number of players who have actually never been busto is closer to 15% again just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you can estimate the actual number of bustoers, but I agree with your basic point here - so many more people have gone busto than are admitting here. And if not, this thread is obviously not a good sample of the SS/MSNL community in general. This might actually make sense, though, since these are 2p2ers posting and we all know 2p2ers are all megapokersuperstars.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 PM

4-5 times maybe. Last time I had less then 4$ in my everest account online. I started at nl2 shortstack and I worked my way up to a 5 digit bankroll in 3 months.

But then, recently I lost it all back and I had 200$ left. I play and I'm well rolled for nl100 at the moment and hopefully no more busto for me.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really depends on definition of busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifer Tilly sitting at a poker table
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 PM

I'm not sure you can estimate the actual number of bustoers, but I agree with your basic point here - so many more people have gone busto than are admitting here. And if not, this thread is obviously not a good sample of the SS/MSNL community in general. This might actually make sense, though, since these are 2p2ers posting and we all know 2p2ers are all megapokersuperstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh...thats right i forgot there all superstars. in reality im sure if we all had to show our deposit histories, that many of the people who claim to have never gone busto, are frequent deposit junkies, that while i suppose they actaully never went "BUSTO", they have been doen to a level that they could not play anything but the smallest stakes, and had to re-deposit many times.
therfore i suppose that they never went busto, although i consider busto to be down to 25% of your original BR. for example if your starting Bankroll is $600. and you get beat down to say $140 -$150 bucks, technicly you are not "busto" but you are severely limited as to what games you can play in, basicly having to risk your remaining roll to continue. obv if your staring roll was 150 then you would have ben whidled down to $40..etc.etc.
i will admit that many times however i have been to flat assed ZERO, even on party sadly, but i leraned from it and now i....still have to hump a day job
Old 11-19-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once i get a real job ill never be busto for more than 2 weeks!

[/ QUOTE ]

True
Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 AM

like 8 billion times, built my current 6 fig roll up off a 300 loan from tubasteve *shout out* in march
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 AM

once.