Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Cal or fold?
Call 45 86.54%
Fold 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: d10 drives home from work, a trip report

Not everyone on the road is ready for this crap.

You pull off some aggro driving, the other guy swerves to avoid, and someone's daughter/wife/mother minding her own business in the next lane gets run off the road,into a tree and dies.

Calm the f*ck down and grow up. It's not worth it.

It may be exciting short term, but knowing you instigated a chain of events that lead to someone's death or paralyzation is the f*cking downside.

That being said, MS paint was decent at best. Don't use blue on black.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 AM

Passing in the turn lane is a douche move. You risk hitting somebody head on (possibly with children in the car) to save a few seconds?

Too bad the redneck didn't shove that cinder block up your ass.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever do this...

I'm driving in a construction zone (1/2 mile long, 2 lanes each way, 50 mph posted, fines double) doing 55 in the left lane. Perfectly acceptable.

This bitch behind me feels the need to ride a quarter car length off my ass. That's unacceptable. Because of this, I'm not getting over.

Open road ahead, she makes an effort to pass me in the right lane, I speed up, make the same lane change as her simultaneously. We drive in the right lane for an 1/8th mile, then she tries to pass me on the left lane, boom, I pull out and slide right back into the left maintaining my lead.

I love doing this [censored] to Neanderthal [censored] who think they own the road.

I briefly thought about nonchalantly letting my empty Slim Fast can slide out the window....

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] I [censored] hate you, you're a [censored] terrible driver. I would want to [censored] murder you if I was on the road. 55 is completey unacceptable for the left lane in a 50 mph zone. If you're passing someone, pass them and get back in the right lane. Don't [censored] clog up traffic because you feel like driving like a woman. I hope someone kills you when you attempt this [censored]. You're the one who's driving like an [censored], not them. You just want to ride in the left lane, no matter how much it annoys everyone else on the road. I HATE YOU SO MUCH.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:28 AM

I knew a guy who in this situation would downshift - so that he'd slow down rapidly, but the person behind you wouldn't see the brake lights.

...but brake checking is rather pointless... why not just coast and let the [censored] around you?

...and what's up with this 'dominance' thing? How big of an ego do you need to outdo a complete stranger that may be packing heat? Or that may get you into an accident? You're a genius.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:31 AM

d10: It's interesting that you refer to the other driver as a douchebag when it's abundantly clear that you are by far a much bigger douchebag. People don't like tailgaters because they're [censored] annoying, and nobody wants to look in their rear view and see some douchebag half a car length from their bumper. I would brake check you in a second, and you would never pass me in the turn lane. I'd sooner watch you get in a debilitating accident than let you get away with your [censored].
Old 05-23-2007, 11:33 AM

i have to think d10 is leveling, but who knows - sounds real enough to me.

brake-checking stupid on multi-lane roads? not in dense traffic where tail-gating gets you nowhere.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Excellent driving.

It seems that you are developing a history of making other drivers angry and having them follow you home. That is dangerous. Someone may actually be carrying a weapon that is more dangerouse than a cinder block. Rather than drive home, when you are aware you are being followed just drive to the nearest police station and pull in. The other driver will not follow you any more.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Tailgating is my #1 pet peeve on the road. Then again, I follow the rules pretty well out there. For instance, when I'm NOT passing, I get into the right lane. What I can't stand is when I'm passing 3-4 cars, going 8-10 over the speed limit (this is the one rule nobody follows) and some jackass tailgates me as I'm driving the CORRECT way. If I'm going 70 in a 60, passing cars, the jackass behind me certainly can go 70 as well and not be in my ass. It's rude and dangerous. I'll get over as soon as I pass these cars and you can be on your way. But tailgating won't make me go faster.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 AM

I hate people who drive like OP. I hope you keep doing stuff like this and drive off a bridge, thereby sparing the innocent person you're going to eventually kill.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM

Like I said before, I was NOT tailgating, I gave the guy a very reasonable amount of space. Tailgating is not even my style, cutting people off, yes, because why wait to get in front of someone when I have enough room right now? But tailgating has never got me anywhere quicker, and I'm more comfortable if I have maneuvering space. You can call me wrong for everything else I did, but he was the first to overreact.