Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]

Insight into the mind of a donator.

[/ QUOTE ]

i take it this means you don't remember anything at all about the hand we were discussing

and since you don't you figure you should put me down.

good tactic. +ev there. (ev .. that's a word you internits love don't you)
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he mostly told the truth during the 06 ME. so he would be stupid to tell the truth at this point...

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point it probably doesn't even matter what he says. Everyone has acquired a natural feel for what he's got based on his body language and mannerisms alone. There's a reason why guys like Ivey just don't do or say anything.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is very situational and Daniel's decisions were not the same.

Some hands, the gus hand comes to mind, were simply coolers.
Some, like Edogs hand, he could have gotten away from.

Again, people are not saying Doyles fold was the worst one ever made, but it was incorrect based on the fact it was Jamie Gold and the how the board read.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE DOYLE DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES HES [censored] TEXAS DOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 THE ONLY PERSON DOYLE CANT BEAT IS CHIP REESE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiousity, do you cry yourself to sleep every night? These players are soooo bad, and you're soooo good and yet they have so much more money then you. I bet it hurts real bad to get as unlucky as you (why else aren't you up there).

[/ QUOTE ]

nope i sleep like a baby b/c im 22 and make $400+/hr playing a game. thx for your concern though

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned
Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how this thread is going to be about "omg how can Doyle fold, wtf?" and if Jaime had J9ss instead of 97ss it would be "omg, Doyle is the best player ever". Either way I think you got to at least call against Jaime. I could definitely understand folding against some of the other players at the table, but not Jaime.

Esfandiari calling Sammy's A9 and Doyle's flush fold was pretty sick. He's not like Negreanu, who just says random stuff every hand and everyone just remembers when he's right.

Couple of nice folds by Sammy. He might appear as a psycho, but he does know when to fold at least.

Great episode I thought. Can't wait for the next one!

---------------

can NOT believe Doyle did not call in that spot. first, he can' simply call the bet on the turn, not expecting another big bet on the river. so the only reason he didin't call, in my opinion, is that he KNEW that he would be playing for all of his 500K and simply didin't want to put all his money in. He had the third nuts against GOLD, a bad player who bluffs way too many times... but it comes down to this: almost everyone is playing 'scared' except for Guy who is a billionaire and 500K is not like $5 to you and me. Doyle was right when he said in the preview that everyone at the table is playing above their limits, except for Guy....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that this hand was against Gold made it even more impressive from Doyle. I looked at Doyle's play as shockingly good, and impressive. He knows Gold is a frequent bluffer. But he read Gold to want a call, which Gold did, Doyle put him on flush, and most flushes beat him. I do think he may not have considered that Gold overvalues hands, but nonetheless I am impressed by his good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamie was playing literally any two suited cards, and Doyle is 53% against two random spades. Not to mention bluffs, two pair, straights, and pot odds!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 AM

Mucking winning hands is -EV.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, got to the middle of the second page, but I just wanted to comment on the doyle vs gold hand. Some guy said 'if you're going to stack off with the 3rd nuts 400BB deep, you're probably a losing player', and I seriously LOL in your weak-tight face if you're so nitty that people always have a better hand when you get action that deep. In live games people regularly stack off with 1000BBs with one pair. I've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO for god's sake with one pair at showdown, all-in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is spot on and against Gold's reasonable range in an 300/600/1200 game with 500k$ stacks is any overpair, any pair, any two pair, any set, any flush and the straight + the occasional bluff T-high flush plays so well thats its absolutely ridicilous to even consider folding. Especially when you also know that after his 2x pot raise on turn he is not going anywhere with any of those hands even if you move allin for about 380,000$ more.
And since you've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO with just one pair (all-in on turn) (I bet you had atleast 51% equity) (Doyle has 0% btw, do you think it makes any difference?) I'll take your word for it.

But on a more serious note, if you or anyone else want to contribute to televised poker you don't have to make bad posts like 99% of the people do you could actually make good posts with good thinking, but no everyone just keeps making bad posts, WHYYY.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But on a more serious note, if you or anyone else want to contribute to televised poker you don't have to make bad posts like 99% of the people do you could actually make good posts with good thinking, but no everyone just keeps making bad posts, WHYYY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we're not as smart as you. For insance, I thought stacking off with top pair 1000 big blinds deep was pretty bad poker until you just fixed that leak for me. Thank you sir.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, got to the middle of the second page, but I just wanted to comment on the doyle vs gold hand. Some guy said 'if you're going to stack off with the 3rd nuts 400BB deep, you're probably a losing player', and I seriously LOL in your weak-tight face if you're so nitty that people always have a better hand when you get action that deep. In live games people regularly stack off with 1000BBs with one pair. I've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO for god's sake with one pair at showdown, all-in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is spot on and against Gold's reasonable range in an 300/600/1200 game with 500k$ stacks is any overpair, any pair, any two pair, any set, any flush and the straight + the occasional bluff T-high flush plays so well thats its absolutely ridicilous to even consider folding. Especially when you also know that after his 2x pot raise on turn he is not going anywhere with any of those hands even if you move allin for about 380,000$ more.
And since you've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO with just one pair (all-in on turn) (I bet you had atleast 51% equity) (Doyle has 0% btw, do you think it makes any difference?) I'll take your word for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this level is so good that I'm actually not sure if it's a level. >_>
Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Doyle-Gold: maybe the posters knew it was a level and were re-leveling in their replies in order to level me into thinking I was the only one who knew the original post was a level.......wow, well played sirs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mucking winning hands is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sh*t Sherlock.

Yeah, and PA is gonna win it all.