Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

You guys are all retards that barely have a high school education. I'm surprised you can actually get through reading a multi-paragraph post let alone actually understanding the meaning of it.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:09 AM

Ban the kiddie imo.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all retards that barely have a high school education. I'm surprised you can actually get through reading a multi-paragraph post let alone actually understanding the meaning of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just level yourself seeing as how someone had already comment on what you just wrote before? Seriously - don’t throw bricks in glass houses...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 AM

I didnt read whole post so dont know if anyone mentioned this. Although Doyle's physical read was 100% correct (gold thought he had the nuts, and was giving off tells that it was the case), in reality the only hands that DOyle doesnt beat that is consistent with jamie gold's play are q7ss - q2ss.

Although it can be argued that these are likely holdings in this game, i think doyle still has to call/or stack gold in this situation
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood exactly what you were saying, but I thought you were very much wrong. Part of the skill of poker is understanding your opponents, the more you respect their game the more wary you are about tangling with them - you'll take more chances against someone you think is a fish. But no one is conspiring with each other - any money you win is good, no matter who from.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 AM

What's up with everyone going on about how good doyle read was? Gold was acting like a kid on christmas ffs..who does not pick up on that?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 AM

By the way, has anyone mentioned the possibility that gold knew where doyle was at and made that play exactly for that reason?
I know that everyone here despises gold and think he is the worst player so i assume the answer is no.
Nonetheless, could this have been an intentional great play from gold?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Gold raised because he felt he had the best hand, I don't know why he is being villified for it. Like others have said it's easy when you can see the hole cards but seriously who there wouldn't think a 9-high flush would be good after Doyle made such a weak bet

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, has anyone mentioned the possibility that gold knew where doyle was at and made that play exactly for that reason?
I know that everyone here despises gold and think he is the worst player so i assume the answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm.. no.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, I agree that Gold literally had thought he had the best hand there since he prob thought Doyle had some strong A. I'm sort of surprised that Doyle didn't just call and see what the river brought, since he was in position, but I think he saw or heard something that Jaime said that must of meant that Jaime was strong, cause Antonio did comment that Doyle was strong and folded something good there. So I don't know, very curious and wondering what Doyle's thinking was on that hand.