Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 AM

Default nl 20 set on danger board, did i miss my value?

Villain is 22/13/0.7 (1.2/0.3/0.5) ATtST 35% only 80 hands
My stats is 21/15/2.7

iPoker No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL20), $0.20 BB (3 handed) SilverKitty Hand History converter by www.pokeronline.com.ua

Button($29.24)
Hero($23.46)
BB ($15.56)

Hero: Post SB $0.10
BB: Post BB $0.20

Preflop:
Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC2222">Button Raise $0.8</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Raise $2.3</font>
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>
Button Call $1.6

Flop:($5) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Bet $3</font>
Button Call $3

Turn:($11) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check
Button Check

River:($11) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
Hero Check
Button Check

I don't know his 3bet calling range( this is first 3bet pot with him),when i see this hand now, seems i make huge mistake on turn course there is many two pair hands on this board [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: nl 20 set on danger board, did i miss my value?

I think raising this up pf is fine, but flatting is also fine. Once you do 3bet and you flop a set, you want to get the money in.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Why bet so small on this flop? If he has KK or JJ you were going broke anyway. I think it is unlikely he calls with QT, but he might do it with AQ, AK, QQ,TT. Especially against the latter two I want more money in on the flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM

Yes, you missed out on a lot of value here. I would bet a little more on this flop, and then bet again on the turn. If you get called in both spots you might start to worry. But this river completely bails you out of any misgivings you might have about the hand.

You should be betting this river every time to try to get value out of a straight. If villan is really weak-passive, they will still probably call a bet on the river with a straight instead of firing a bet themselves.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:50 AM

Please bet this turn, just because its a straightening card doesn't mean you were called by a 10. ~7.50 looks good to me.

Not betting this river makes absolutely no sense. You fill up on a straighted board, and you must bet this river for value, you will get called by high straights
Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Not betting turn &amp; river w/ a full house = not good. You need to be willing to go broke against a higher full house...that's the only thing that beats you.

PSB on turn &amp; 2/3 [value bet] on river. Were you waiting to check raise???
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM

You're a wuss and it costs you money. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

His three-bet calling range is probably fairly narrow, but against it you're still crushing when you hit this flop. On the turn you're behind KK/QQ/JJ/TT but you're ahead of AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/88-. If this guy called the three-bet preflop and called the flop bet you've got to think he's a bit scared. I like him for unpaired big cards with either TPTK or something similar. Given how scary the board just got on the turn, I lead for $8 with the intention of pushing the river if the card isn't too scary (T would be very scary, A would be scary, nothing else REALLY freaks me out).

As played on the turn, I lead the river for $6 hoping for a thin call from a hand I crush, and I probably call a push-raise, though I do so reluctantly.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Poker sums it up for my nicely. Easy river bet.