Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Home game trip report

Every holiday week my friends all come home from their colleges and we get a small nlhe game going (.05-.1) and some 3-5-7 sometimes. This may not seem much to you but its alot for college students without jobs for the most part.

None of my friends are very serious players but no one likes losing obviously. Well i saw some of the strangest things i've ever seen this week. This is the first time we've played in this game since i started to get serious about it a couple months ago.

After sometime of value betting middle pairs vs gut shot draws and other crazy hands one of my friends gets down to only like 6-7bb. He gets dealt QQ, checks it (6 handed, hes the big blind) . The flop comes 229 rainbow.....he open folds face up, because "someone has a 2 for sure." Sure enough someone had J2, ok.

Another player picks up AA when someone has KK, ~6bb got in prf a non scary board ends with a 20bb pot with AA folding (also face up) to a less than half pot bet on the end....ok

Thank you 2+2, I see my improvement everytime i play in this game.

Oh ya, spent the rest of the night at the bar getting drunk with my friends, good night peoples. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]