[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(8*pi^47)*e^x and counting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. What is x?

[/ QUOTE ]

x = 0.0001/e^y

[/ QUOTE ]

y = (Sublime + case closed post counts)/(tuk tuk's daily post rate avg over a rolling 10 day period)*Copernicus posts per week/MH "whisky imma drink you!" posts/month

EDIT: broken quotes tags (borodog when u gonna get modded to fix dem tings?)
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Assani Fisher countdown speculation thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(8*pi^47)*e^x and counting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. What is x?

[/ QUOTE ]

an iid ran var ldo
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 AM

he's counting down to the end of the Mayan calendar
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 AM

Ok, I see that there are quite a few threads about things here, so I'm going to cross post this in a bunch of them....

First off, I see that I've been attacked a bit as a poster, so I'm going to defend myself....

I mainly post in 4 forums: Sporting Events, B&M(although since I've found out about the forums at allvegaspoker.com I've started posting less there), Internet Gambling, and Omaha8. I truly believe that I start a ton of very good threads. I often start interesting debates, I'm willing to "think outside the box", and I ALWAYS treat other posters with respect and I NEVER EVER resort to personal insults or name calling. I can give you tons of examples of good threads I've started:

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link

Needless to say, I think I contribute a lot here. You may not like all of my posts- thats fine. But at the very least, I think you have to admit that I keep things interesting, provide my fair share of worthwhile content, and am respectful to others. For those reasons, I really feel as if anyone calling for a ban is way out of line. Moreover, if you truly dislike my posts, then I have no problem with anyone putting me on ignore.

Let me now briefly discuss my history with the OOT forum, as it seems as if much of the hate comes from stuff I've posted there....

I only post on one other message board- footballguys. Over there, they have their main boards and then a FFA(free for all), which is basically "talk about any other crap here." I assumed when I came to 2p2 that OOT was similar to the FFA: Don't clog up our main forums with stupid stuff, but we realize that every now and then you just want to be silly or discuss something meaningless, so we'll give you a forum for that.

Well apparently I was wrong. OOT is probably the most heavily modded forum. Hell, I've seen them lock threads for practically no reason at all. So when I first started posting there, and started posting onslaughts, it wasn't met kindly by everyone. However I didn't(and still don't) understand their reasoning:

There were clearly people that enjoyed the onslaught threads- read the threads and you'll see that. And I never was rude to anyone, and I always told anyone who didn't like them to simply not click on them. So if some people in your forum like a topic and its not offensive to anyone, then why not just let it be? I thought and still do think that this is a great abuse of mod power and greatly hurts these forums. Moreover, I think that these forums could greatly use a place for "other topics" since the current OOT is so heavily modded.

But whatever....I realized their ways there, and now I basically only post in the Lost, Heroes, and The Office threads there. Everyone take note of what I did: I DIDN'T LIKE SOMETHING, AND INSTEAD OF WHINING AND BITCHING ABOUT IT OR BEING RUDE AND INSULTING, I SIMPLY WENT ELSEWHERE. Amazing philosophy, right?

Anyway, if anyone is carrying ill will towards me simply because of those onslaughts, please get over it. They were a niche topic for a certain group of people. Nobody was forcing you to click on that thread. I am continually amazed that on a poker board(where patience and tilt control are preached as virtues) that people can anger so quickly and easily over petty things.

Moving on.....

Some people have told me that Yeti was stripped of his mod status due to suspending my account. Here is what I recently wrote regarding that:

Wow. I don't know what I think about that. I certainly have no personal ill will towards him at all. Although I do think that it was a poor decision to suspend me, so perhaps it was a good decision. If anyone in power wants my opinion, I'd say that unless he has a history of abusing power, then I would not take away his mod status just due to this one incident.

I still feel that same way.

Regarding the countdown, I recently wrote this to someone who asked me to explain it:

There is one person in the world who I do not want to know about it(he doesn't post here, so don't waste your time trying to guess who). It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to me that he doesn't find out. If I could completely trust everyone to not let any info out, I would say. But I really can't trust any of you that I don't know in real life...sorry.

And for the record, I have made an offer to MEBenhoe to tell him what the countdown meant. He refused my offer. It is still on the table.

Just to add, I have told 6 people on here what it means, so the answer is out there. However, I've gotten a bunch more PMs asking me...no, I am not going to trust a complete stranger with this info just because you ask. I'm sorry for that.

In closing, let me just say that I truly and honestly am not a bad guy and I don't try to "troll" at all. I've actually made a number of friends through these forums, have joined 2 fantasy leagues, have made a bunch of sports wagers, and have met quite a few people in real life. I'm light-hearted and easy going...don't take me too seriously, and if you don't like what I'm posting then just ignore it. Honestly its not worth getting riled up over, as I rarely do so. Icy pots too all, and to all a good night.

105,362 and counting