Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 AM

Default [100nl] AA facing huge flop raise, shove or fold?

Unknown villain, no stats, he is 1-tabling. I pretty much have to shove or fold here right? Which would you opt for?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($111.45)
Button ($45.25)
SB ($168.70)
BB ($49.50)
UTG ($124.35)
UTG+1 ($72.50)
Hero ($100)
MP2 ($18.50)
MP3 ($125.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $5, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($12.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: [100nl] AA facing huge flop raise, shove or fold?

I hate this spot...With an unknown villain it makes it a tougher call. However, I've noticed that when someone is only single tabling that they are more often a worse player than someone playing 4 tabling (that might just be an awful/irrelevant/variant observation by me).
It's a tough call. I'd fold it often just because we haven't seen him play enough, but if I was having a bad day I'd probably push and then cuss at my mom upttairs.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM

There are too many overpairs and flush draws with overcards that you have beat. He would probably flat call a flopped joint or maybe even a set. Single tablers are generally impatient in contrast to others so he could even be raising 77/88. I vote shove.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM

It has to look blatant you have a very strong overpair, yet he doesn't seem to care. In fact, his bet looks sized for you to reraise all-in. You holding the Ace diamonds strongly cuts down on the possibility he's being aggressive with a flush draw. So what are you beating? KK and QQ *maybe*. Most likely he's hit a set. I'd fold unless I had a good reason to think he was an awful player, or was on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM

"It has to look blatant you have a very strong overpair, yet he doesn't seem to care."

Or he's thinking 'I put him on AK.' It's a random unknown at 100 NL. He's a spazztard until proven otherwise IMO.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or he's thinking 'I put him on AK.' It's a random unknown at 100 NL. He's a spazztard until proven otherwise IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I did say I'd fold unless I had good reason to think he was awful...so I guess I give a lot more respect to unknowns than you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I did say I'd fold unless I had good reason to think he was awful...so I guess I give a lot more respect to unknowns than you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your name is appropriate you random 100 NL spewtard!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It has to look blatant you have a very strong overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

I dissagree with that. Hero's bet could just as easily be overcards, it's just a standard CB.

Still, it's a tough dessicsion OOP against a complete unkown. Real tough.

Don't like stacking off against an unkown, but without knowing how he plays there could still be a lot of hands we beat here.

LOL, not much help, sorry.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM

I'm a little confused as to where you are getting this read from. What about preflop raise in MP and c-bet reduces his range to KK+?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are too many overpairs and flush draws with overcards that you have beat. He would probably flat call a flopped joint or maybe even a set. Single tablers are generally impatient in contrast to others so he could even be raising 77/88. I vote shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, shove is probably the best action, just hate doing it blind.
The fact that I stacked off in similar possitions a couple times yestreday is probably afecting my thought process.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]