Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Default 55 dollar big blind turn-river bluff NLTRN

I know people hate the dark tunnel bluffs, and this is kinda sorta one. I thing this is a fairly good bluff given my image, villain's history/image and the way I did it.

Villain has sharkscope advanced features blocked, but is a 7% winner over 900 games. Looking at his ROI chart he is a 7-8% winner at 550s but only about the same from 0-500s. His recent results are all HU 55s. He has stats up until the 1ks where his ROI really drops.

The match was back and forth in the first blind level, then I started really going card dead. I slowplayed a top pair type hand because I had called folded a few hands for about ten hand chunks and he was starting to spew, turns out he had hit his straight. From then I was pretty low and still card dead and he got really aggro/semi-spewy. I played back with the hands that I felt fit his frequency well and I ended up staying alive on flips/being ahead. I just doubled up with a flip and we've played another 7 or so hands. He's kept the aggression up and likes to call with draws on turns. I feel this is very important to this bluff, if I am off on this point the bluff is definitely no good. He's held on a few times on turns and folded rivers I believe but I haven't had too much to work with in this area that I felt was profitable against his ranges.

Looking back raising to 400-450 probably raises out his weaker pair holdings except maybe a good 5 and a combo draw and obviously an ace which may or may not shove that turn. If you don't like this line (which I suspect most won't) would you consider raising to 400 or so?

Thoughts on all streets are fine.

Also note he's showed up with some really weak hands calling from BB, he's shoved over me, called with weak, etc. He seems to shove over me with stronger hands IMO judging by what he's showed up with at showdown in raised pots. If I forgot some notes I'll add them later.

PokerStars Game #10175282105: Tournament #51571217, $55.00+$2.50 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/05/29 - 22:40:19 (ET)
Table '51571217 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: MasterLev (1310 in chips)
Seat 2: RyPac13 (1690 in chips)
RyPac13: posts small blind 50
MasterLev: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RyPac13 [Qs 2s]
RyPac13: raises 100 to 200
MasterLev: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [3c 6c 5s]
MasterLev: checks
RyPac13: checks
*** TURN *** [3c 6c 5s] [Ah]
MasterLev: bets 100
RyPac13: raises 200 to 300
MasterLev: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [3c 6c 5s Ah] [9s]
MasterLev: checks
RyPac13: bets 800
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Default Re: 55 dollar big blind turn-river bluff NLTRN

it seems like a pretty standard line to me. the only difference i would change is the turn bet as u stated. had u raised to, say, 425, it not only might take the pot there, but also will make your 800 river bet look less bluffish. if i had to guess i would assume he is on the club draw, but im too tired to think more about his range after calling the turn because im tired and just finished a night shift.