Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 05-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Satellite hand, down to the end

the hand's kinda run it's course of discussion.

i was villain, locutus2002 was hero. i had 95o. as i pushed, i said to my brother, who was sweating, "i hope he can lay down 2 pair here" as that was his most likely hand. I'm pretty sure AQ is the weakest hand locutus can call me with under any circumstances. it happens.

i miscalculated locutus' likelihood in believing that i had the jack. we were at the same table for an awful long itme this tourney (him directly on my left), but we moved apart from each other when i picked up a significant amount of chips pushing for an amount well over the size of the pot on an 882 flop with 22. had he seen that, it's far more likely that he would have given me credit for having the jack. i had been making quite a few dramatic pushes. sometimes i had a monster. most of the time i didn't have much. i knew i was eventually going to get looked up.

locutus went on to win his seat, and i don't think he saw another flop in doing so.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 PM

AQ should shove preflop every time.

And OSU, I don't like your raise with 95o. At all. Under almost any circumstances.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:12 AM

I don't understand how he makes it 35k to go. does he raise it to 55k? I would not let him charge himself so little. I would reraise him pf. Having made the decision to just call pf, I probably double him up here.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ should shove preflop every time.

And OSU, I don't like your raise with 95o. At all. Under almost any circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, why not?

i'm fourth of four with two seats awarded. i'm probably going to need to get to 1M in chips, and the safest way for me to do that is to raise the big stack when it's folded to me, since he shouldn't be playing any more than like 5% of his hands. raising to 55k every time it's folded to me on the SB is basically picking up 38k in chips every time.

if anything the debate is whether or not i should have conceded the hand on the turn, not the raise preflop.