Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 PM

Default NLTRN Quick line check 22 dollar turbo

Sorry, this is kind of a semi-wasteful hand to post, but I wasn't sure about it.

Quick background on villain: He's an extremely spewy maniac who also has called down several times with Jack high and Queen high, he takes stabs at just about any board, anytime, and he can't seem to get away from weak hands when I play back. For this reason I've played a lot tighter than I usually do, though I was worried initially about being paid off, that thought is gone now because of the style described above.

This is about 30-35 hands in, we are in the second blind level.

Stacks are

Hero 1785
Villain 1215

I'm dealt AcAd in the big blind.

He min raises to 60, I 3-bet to 180. I haven't 3-bet yet because I haven't had too many great hands in the BB, he's a station preflop and he doesn't raise a huge ton.

He calls 180.

Flop KcKd2c (Pot is 360)

I take a little time and check. He checks behind with normal speed. He's checked with nothing and with other types of hands when in raised pots, but there haven't been a ton of those.

Turn is a 7d to make it KcKd2c7d

I lead out for 180, he calls.

River is 2s making it KcKd2c7d2s (Pot is 720)

I lead for 360, he shoves to make it 855 and I call.

Now I'm not entirely sure what to do on this river. He will flat call an ace, maybe a queen, a flush draw, any pocket pair and any 7, god knows what else he may float there. Also I'd imagine he would flatcall a K.

I was thinking about check calling but I figured he would check behind with a ton of hands that I was killing and he would call with. So I fired. The shove did not make me happy but I'd imagine he would shove a ton of hands here, like any pocket pair, any 7 and of course the stuff that beats me.

Looking back on it I think I prefer a check call here, I was not considering hands like 77, A2, or anything weird like 82 that he might actually have here. Results are meaningless on this type of hand because he is a maniac and I've been careful not to tip my hand on what he had here.

Basically I'm just looking for a line check on this, how would you play it, etc.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: NLTRN Quick line check 22 dollar turbo

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'd imagine he would flatcall a K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im confused by this.
This is an incredibly bizarre hand because we have no idea what villain is willing to get it in with or not and in what spots. So I think on the flop you have to make a decision if your willing to put your whole stack in on this board or not versus him. If yes, I would bet, bet, bet as you said he is a station so let him do his thing, he may be able to rationalize this with the fact that you wouldnt do this with a K. If your not willing to go with it I think you should steal lead the flop 220-240, this is for a couple reasons, one you dont know his hand range or what he will do with it, two nothing will make him a strong second best hand versus what your representing.

Sooo what Im trying to do by leading is setup a line that starts getting us information quickly if we lead and he raises just push. If we lead and he calls this is where the real decision starts, on the turn I think you have to check every card but an A. When you check if he checks behind alarms should go off Im now willing to check fold on the river to a serious bet although a small one will scare me too but might be more likely to something like JJ so I will probably call if getting nice odds. If he puts in a bet your going to have to judge by the size and speed of it whether it feels like a K or not, if it looks bluffy push feels trappy give him credit for a K. Very interesting hand ChiRy I think its very applicable to a lot of scenarios too, keep'em coming.