Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Bears Vs. Seahawks

About time to make a thread I guess. Lucky for me I won't be posting much in this thread because I have scored free tickets to the game! Bears gonna win in a rout!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Bears Vs. Seahawks

Oh, nice.

And you're clearly joking, because the Seahawks are going to win. (come on seahawks, please revert to 2005 form).

At least you guys don't have Tommie Harris anymore.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:11 AM

I was going to make a "Seahawks shock the world" thread ahead of time, but I will go ahead and post in here.

Seattle, 24, Chicago 16
Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 AM

this is going to be a terrible game
Old 01-13-2007, 09:00 AM

Damn you Case Closed. I'll be watching (oh did I say watching I meant paceing and screaming) this game from the confines of my house with plenty of frosty beverages on hand.

The weather will be interesting here. There is a 50% chance of a light wintry mix during the game. However, from what I can gather everyone thinks there will be a foot of snow during the game.

Oddly I think if the weather gets real bad the advantage slips to the Seahawks. One of the reasons why Chicago normally has an advantage in the cold is that they spend everyday in it. It has been more like Chicago in Seattle this year than it has been in Chicago. Has Devin Hestor ever felt a temp below 40?

That scares me. I'm going to say a few things about this game and then go back down in the basement by the boiler and swig on some whiskey in preperation for Sunday.

The Bears defense will come into this game angry. They are still ticked about last year and blowing that game against Carolina. They have been hearing all week about how they have struggled the past few weeks. This could mean a dominating preformance even above what you would normally expect. It also could mean they [censored] the bed again.

We may see Great Rex on Sunday. Grossman has had some awful games this season. Everbody assumes this means he is the worst QB ever. Of Rex's 5 bad games this year, oh that's right I said 5, did they play 16 this year? I think Rex only played in 5. Anyway, his 5 bad games this year have been in spots where the week before was all about the Bears crushing somebody. The only game he played bad in (and after I looked at it I didn't think he played all that bad) that really mattered was the New England game. A game that game as the Bears third east coast trip in three weeks against a very confusing defense. When he has had a big game (Seattle,Giants) or when he has been thrown under the bus all week (Green Bay, San Fran, St Louis) he has played good. If Rex is not ready for the adjustments that the Seahawks will make in this game it should be Ron Turner's job.

The final reason I don't like the Seahawks this week is that as late as Thursday they were still talking about the game they won last week. I'm sure they are preparing hard, but there is something to that.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Guys wtf, bears win big, this is easy. I don't want any of this nonsense. I'll be bringing my camera to this game so we will be getting some pics of Bears players in the endzone from yours truly.

Anyone know if I would be able to sneak a flask into soldier field?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys wtf, bears win big, this is easy. I don't want any of this nonsense.
Anyone know if I would be able to sneak a flask into soldier field?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bears win big?? This is EASY??!! You'll need that flask I would not bet on this game for all the spreads in the world...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Maybe I'm the biggest Grossman sympathizer in the world, but I'm not worried about the QB position in the playoffs. If the Bears don't make the Super Bowl it will be because of the poor play by the safeties. Daneil Manning has been horrid down the stetch. I can't believe I'm thinking that it'll be nice to see Todd Johnson back on the field.

BTW-When was the last time you saw Ron Rivera call a blitz? Without Tommie Harris, their not putting as much pressure on the QB. I would like to see them rushing more than just the front 4.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is going to be a terrible game

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Bears played a beat up Seattle team earlier this year. I would expect this game to be different. Seattle could steal one if the play well.