Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

disclaimer: i hate the bears.

the bears luckboxed into the easiest schedule of any good team (possibly any team period). they get 5-6 wins in their division, then play the nfc west and afc east which is another 6 or so wins say (tough games being seattle and @NE). given the parity in the nfc south and nfc east, this should almost gaurantee them home field advantage.

that said, they are really not as good as the other teams. rex grossman looked ok from what i saw, but continues to make the sort of stupid decisions that cost a team. a run at the SB is possible, but getting through the other nfc teams is a little optimistic.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man...the NFC North sucks so bad that there is little chance the Bears won't win it

[/ QUOTE ]
MyTurn,

While professing your love of the Bears, you forgot to mention how good they looked. Finally firing on DEF, OFF, and ST. It's true, in part, that Chicago looked awesome because the Packers are so incredibly terrible, but they were almost as terrible last year and we beat the Pack twice by a paltry 12 and 7 points. The fact is that if the Bears can put up average offensive numbers and break Bobby Wade's violently retarded special teams streak, I stand a good shot at making a drunken trip to Miami. w00t.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:52 PM

damn you Kevkev...that's the last time I say anything remotely nice about the Bears
Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn you Kevkev...that's the last time I say anything remotely nice about the Bears

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
disclaimer: i hate the bears.

the bears luckboxed into the easiest schedule of any good team (possibly any team period). they get 5-6 wins in their division, then play the nfc west and afc east which is another 6 or so wins say (tough games being seattle and @NE). given the parity in the nfc south and nfc east, this should almost gaurantee them home field advantage.

that said, they are really not as good as the other teams. rex grossman looked ok from what i saw, but continues to make the sort of stupid decisions that cost a team. a run at the SB is possible, but getting through the other nfc teams is a little optimistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with all of this except:

- they will have to be lucky to win 5 or 6 division games
- i don't know who "the other teams" are, but unless it means "seattle and the afc contenders", the bears are not really behind them. carolina, atlanta, and philly can make cases that they are better teams, but they are far from clear-cut.
FO 2006 Projections

scroll a little to the ranks:

8. Philly
9. Bears
10. Carolina
11. Atlanta
Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Had a real strong first half. Not so great second half.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:14 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] REX
Old 09-17-2006, 04:12 PM

I am really loving all the questions about who would be the Bears starting QB.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 AM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

grossman right now reminds me of derek jeter. he's always throwing off his back foot, even on 50 yard passes, much the same way jeter throws to first on the run on every grounder, even when he has plenty of time to set his feet.

i can't argue with the results, though. if rex eliminates one stupid mistake a game, the bears become a championship-caliber team. however, if he starts becoming ineffective, i hope the team has the guts to put griese in, even if the team is still winning.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:56 AM

So um... The only time the Bears have been scored on this year was because the ref decided he had to blow the whistle in a spot where they have been told not to blow the whistle.

The offense looks like it could score between 24-35 points every week.

Gould looks great driving balls down the middle from 40+ and killing kickoffs into th end zone. Maynard in the few times he has to walk onto the field looks like his old self. Hester looks like he'll be a Dante Hall like adventure on every punt return.

I guess we could nit pick that sometimes Grossman makes an aggressive mistake. The run game hasn't been dominate. They have been a bit soft against draw plays and allowed some rushing yards.

But, I'm just trying to stay away from being giddy at this point because right now this is far and away the best team in the NFC. And the upside is that besides Urlacher or Briggs and maybe Brown, most of these parts are interchangable and without a rash of injuries this team is going to be the #1 seed in the playoffs and be a big favorite to win the.... whoa, see too giddy.