Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-29-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: $11 NLTRN: Top pair gets all-in on the turn

LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM

There's been a lot of good discussion here, but I still don't feel much closer to figuring out the best play here.

I'm really torn between 3-betting the flop something like 550 and just shoving. 3-betting to 550 seems good, although it might mean that I'm outdrawn a few times, and I pretty much have to get all in on the turn if I play the hand that way. Shoving, while I feel like it's +EV here, doesn't seem optimal.

Finally, I think people have made some pretty good arguments for just calling the c/r, but I feel like it puts us in an awkward spot on a lot of turns (and that's why I don't like the way I played it).

EDIT: Also, MxGucci, what are you LOLing at?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

I just don't see any reason to shove this. If villian was just reraising with air or light, he doesn't often lead a turn like this. If he was an over aggro lag monkey he raises you bigger and pots this or shoves. This smells of classic donk extraction we have very little FE based on this action. This is a value move by villian a LOT, I suppose it could be a semi-bluff block, but rarely. More likely overpair, two pair, set etc...

It would be nice to show down, but a pair of 9's with only a queen doesn't inspire me to go broke vs his action. He called a raise, check min-raised you and led decent... I wouldn't mind seeing the river so I probably peel the turn. But I am slowed WAY WAY down, and I feel like I went to far if he pots it or shoves.

Fsck I wish I could find all these people that stack off with something you're ahead of here.

Mike