Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Question 1:

i got a humidor as a gift a couple months ago and tried to condition it by putting standing tap water in a for a week. the included crappy hygrometer didn't get above 40% so i microwaved the water till it was almost boiling, then put it in. it spiked to about 70% but quickly fell. i did this multiple times. always went back to 40%. i've had 20 cigars in there, or should i say "sticks", for a couple months, with an open bottle of cigar fluid, and it's never got above 40%. you guys think it's really at 70% or so? Or are my cigars dry? How can you tell? Should I do the sponge?

[/ QUOTE ]

a. Sponge it down with distilled water. If you can't find distilled water easily use Smart Water, it's just distilled water.s
b. calibrate your hydrometer. link

[ QUOTE ]
Question 2:

Do you guys spit while smoking? I had a repeater tonight on my porch. I don't smoke much, but when I do, I'm spitting constantly. I don't smoke too often, and started in high school, when spitting was just as cool as smoking cigars. Am I doing this out of habit, or do all cigar smokers spit? I noticed this because it made it hard to sip on my whiskey. As for the quality of the cigar I had, I bought a bunch of cigars when I got my humidor, some cheap some expensive. I forgot which were which, so I guess I got the cheap one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some spit all the time. I spit sometimes, depending on the cigar and situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 3:

Exactly where should I buy a digital hygrometer. I checked radioshack, where guids said he bought his, and they only had an outdoor, combo thermometer thing. Probably not what i'm looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the one with the thermometer. Temp is important too.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 4:

I tried sucking some smoke in through my nose like limon does, and it burned like a mofo. How many people do this? I normally try to avoid this situation, by breathing oxygen into my lungs only when the cigar isn't near my face. Can you guys actually breathe normally with a cigar hanging out of your mouth? That smoke coming of the end of the cigar, and through your nose doesn't bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll stop bothering you after a while.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried sucking some smoke in through my nose like limon does, and it burned like a mofo. How many people do this? I normally try to avoid this situation, by breathing oxygen into my lungs only when the cigar isn't near my face. Can you guys actually breathe normally with a cigar hanging out of your mouth? That smoke coming of the end of the cigar, and through your nose doesn't bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do this and it doesn't burn at all... I think it's great and obviously stimulates more senses and enhances the flavor greatly.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM

I've never been able to get much enrichment out of inhaling through my nose. I have found that exhaling through the nose really bolsters the flavor, however.

-McGee
Old 11-20-2007, 03:32 AM

Just smoked a Oliva Series V... the Afficiando cigar of the year...

it was excellent. Loved the flavor
Old 11-20-2007, 02:16 PM

Go with beads as your humidification element, you won't regret it
Old 11-21-2007, 04:50 PM

If I want to enjoy a nice cigar at home after a long day w/o going outside any tips for helping w/ the smell?

I live in a cold weather state, and now that its approaching winter, its just not feasible to smoke outside anymore and be comfortable.

Any tips for us indoor smokers?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 PM

I had smoked a hand rolled imported cigar that had an excellent draw and had a creamy taste as well as being light. wrapper was light colored. Does anyone here know of a cigar I'm looking for?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I want to enjoy a nice cigar at home after a long day w/o going outside any tips for helping w/ the smell?

I live in a cold weather state, and now that its approaching winter, its just not feasible to smoke outside anymore and be comfortable.

Any tips for us indoor smokers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found that the smell from the smoke itself dissipates pretty quickly if you have decent ventilation. It's leaving out the butt that really stinks up the place (even if it's in the trash). So make sure you throw away the butt outside as soon as you're done smoking.

Also, sometimes lighting up one of those girly scented candles afterward helps.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just smoked a Oliva Series V... the Afficiando cigar of the year...

it was excellent. Loved the flavor

[/ QUOTE ]

smoked an oliva robusto this week b/c someone raved about it on here...the first third was okay and the rest was [censored] imo.

highly reccomend the davidoff 6000's if you like robustos, try it with a glass of milk/desert.

the habanos partagas serie d robusto is killer!

also, the trinidad robusto extra (?) is awesome.

smoked a cohiba lanceros last week and liked it, but not as much as the corona especiale.

thought the montecristo edmundo sucked.

-Tex
Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 PM

New to this forum, but def love cigars.

Smoked an AVO lounge addition (teal label) you can only get it in Orlando at the AVO lounge/ Corona Cigar shop. It is a def must have if you can get it shipped to you. Also just smoked the AVO LE 7. If you can find it, buy a few, it is getting better with age. Smoke one now and hold the rest for a special occasion.