Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
The lone question I have is this: How far away is Tyrus Thomas? If he can be a defensive stalwart right now and be a good finisher (the Bulls run more than people think) then I don't see why they don't throw him in as a starter and see if he can become the missing piece and jsut turn the Bulls into a better team of the Pistons. They already have a stud bench and a lot of flexibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good question, as well as what is Noah really worth. Unfortunately, I'm not sold on this two and I really think that the Bulls have of problem inside.
Even if they both end up good they're is no one to score in the low post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
onlinebeginner,

kobe would be awesome next to hinrich. or vice versa. seriously, that would be a sick, sick backcourt. we are talking like rondo/allen potential.

hinrich is good playing on or off the ball, and has a really good shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously he would be good... but he would lose some of his value

kobe=Jordan

look at jordan's point guards

people saying you don't have to give up hinrich or deng to get him are absurd... it's by far the best perimiter playerin the league

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats becuase of the triangle offense and has nothing to do with MJ or Kobe's skillset imo.

103,177 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM

Odom is injured.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM

Assani when you quote me can I be 1337 and counting?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Odom is injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I only checked yahoo's ff rotowire.

I know Kobe has the wrist thing, but this now strikes me as VERY interesting.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM

What I meant is that those teams are now stuck with salary cap problems struggle to pull the moves necessary to put them over the hump and win a championship. They're even getting worse sometimes(see suns willing to trade marion, detroit letting Wallace go).
And I don't feel they 've been contending for as long as you think: The suns really have been credible for one year( probably two if stoudemire had not been injured), and their windon is closing fast.
The pistons are not credible contender since they've lost Wallace.
And the Maverick have been conteding every year because they were willing to overplay for players and accept big contracts that put them way over the luxury tax.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM

How are the Pistons not credible without Wallace? Again, Rasheed Wallace got hurt for the second time in the ECF and the offense totally collapsed. Losing Wallace helped them become 6th in offensive efficiency while still being 6th in defensive efficiency and they were easily the best team in the East. Easily.

They're not "stuck" considering that as assembled they're already legit contenders. I'm saying the Celts as assembled are NOT legit contenders. If you're "stuck" as one of the best three or whatever teams in the NBA, or as the favorite to makei t to the NBA Finals out of the east, you like being "stuck" there. But if you still have to get there and don't have the flexibility to do it (sup Celts), then you are stuck.

Suns have had the flexibility to get better, they've just made blunders and now their owner is flopping. The point is they're in the position, though.

Suns lost in WCF w/o Stoudemire in six games and likely would've walked to the tile if they win. If that's not credible, well then I don't know what is. And in Nash's first season they won 62 games and got to the WCF... They've been credible in every season they've had Nash, i.e. a real superstar.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM

Flip Saunders is [censored] terrible.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flip Saunders is [censored] terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are the Pistons not credible without Wallace? Again, Rasheed Wallace got hurt for the second time in the ECF and the offense totally collapsed. Losing Wallace helped them become 6th in offensive efficiency while still being 6th in defensive efficiency and they were easily the best team in the East. Easily.

They're not "stuck" considering that as assembled they're already legit contenders. I'm saying the Celts as assembled are NOT legit contenders. If you're "stuck" as one of the best three or whatever teams in the NBA, or as the favorite to makei t to the NBA Finals out of the east, you like being "stuck" there. But if you still have to get there and don't have the flexibility to do it (sup Celts), then you are stuck.

Suns have had the flexibility to get better, they've just made blunders and now their owner is flopping. The point is they're in the position, though.

Suns lost in WCF w/o Stoudemire in six games and likely would've walked to the tile if they win. If that's not credible, well then I don't know what is. And in Nash's first season they won 62 games and got to the WCF... They've been credible in every season they've had Nash, i.e. a real superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Celtics Right now are probaby better than the pistons. One thing is sure, the Pistons have no shot at beating the spurs in a seven game series if Duncan is healthy. Have you seen the Cleveland team that beat them last year? They were truly horrible. THey're gonna get 50+ wins in the east but aren't seriois contender. Unless contender means good enough to contend for the final in the East which is not saying much.

Suns were a great team for the past three years, have had a really title shot only last year and if they trade marion are going to struggle to come out of the West. And they're making dubious decisions because of cap problems: If their owner were willing to pay anyone and keeping draft picks, they'll be in mauch better shape. That's my point you have to be over the cap and not afraid to overspent to remain competitive ( but you have to do it smartly).

Anyway, I'm not sure we'really disagreeing. I'm just saying that to be truly competitive you have to be willing to go in salary tax territory. That's actually your only leverage once you reach a certain point.
I just don't believe the flexibility is a problem for the Bulls. If they believe that with their core they are competitive, then they should not be afraid to resign everyone. And if you think the Pistons are competitive, then the Bulls are probably set right now.
If they think they need to make a trade the have to do it now or next year, but they can possibly remain in this situation fotr long. They are in an exceptionnal situation due to their youth. At one point they're gonna have to spend money to remain legit or they 'll decline