Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (NLTRN) Poo Bah Post: An Introduction to the 25-50 Blind Level

They will probably only be available to my website subscribers or personal students, I'm not totally sure.

Either way, I now have a loose date of April 2015 for the opening of my site, so I have some time to finish them.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Great post, I´m also looking foward others parts and of course more videos [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
gj chicago
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a well written post . I have a few difference and I hope you don't mind me critiquing your article .

If the blinds are at 25-50 and I have a hand like k-7 , I will often times raise to 150 if I expect my opponent to call me with a wide range of hands . It's a mathematical error to raise only 2.5x the BB because your hand should win more than 50% of the time in position ! . In some instances you may even consider raising to 4x if your opponent is spewy and will call a raise with atc's .

So again , I don't think you should restrict yourself to raising only 2.5x the bb without considering your opponent's reaction to it . You did mention that in rare situations you would bet more than 2.5x the bb , but I don't think it's that rare at all .

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends, right? First, these two examples are pretty cut and dry, but, it's only an introduction and a well written one at that. However, if my opponent is a REALLY WEAK flop player who is going to check/fold to my continuation bets at 25/50, then I'm raising 3x or 4x here because: 1. I have a better chance at getting a fold preflop (which is what I want with K7o); 2. I have a strong chance (say 60% or more) of taking the flop down when I totally miss.

As always, it depends on my opponent. If he is, as many, the loosey goosey kind who is gonna donk call OOP all of my [censored] flop bets and cause me all sorts of minraising grief, then I want to keep the pots as small as possible and small ball him to death until I can catch him in a mistake. I DON'T want to raise 3x BB here, 2 or 2.5x works so much better.

Good post.

Barry