Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Default $22 Turbo NLTRN Series of Hands

I'm going to post a few outlined hands from a match.

Reads on villain: He plays slow, seems to take stabs with weak hands or nothing, and since the 50bb he has been raising a lot. I've 3-bet all in once already and he folded his PF raise of 200 (I had 525 more behind). He has only played 14 HU games according to SS, his ROI is 50% in those 14, so not very informative obviously. He is a winner overall in SNGs, but nothing insanely impressive.

Up until hand 1 he has just been slightly aggressive in the match, he has raised 3x a lot PF from sb and called a little more than I would expect (though not big sample) from BB. This was his first raise to 100 instead of 90, I wasn't positive of what to make of it at this point in the match.

******* Hand 1 ********

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1510
Hero: t1490

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t100</font>, Hero calls t70 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t130)</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t200, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t300)</font>.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t400, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t400</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t400 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: t400

******* Hand 2 ********

Poker Stars
Blinds: t15/t30
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t840
BB: t2160

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t90</font>, BB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t120)</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t180, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t90</font>, BB calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t270)</font>.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t360, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in t1980</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t1980 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: t360

******* Hand 3 ********

Poker Stars
Blinds: t25/t50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t2125
Hero: t875

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t250)</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t400, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in t1925</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in t675</font>.
Uncalled bets: t1250 returned to SB.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1750, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t1750)

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t1750, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t1750)

Results:
Final pot: t1750
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Qs Td</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB mucked Ks Jc</font>

******* Hand 4 ********

Poker Stars
Blinds: t25/t50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1750
BB: t1250

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t100</font>, BB calls t50 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t150)</font>.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t200, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t150</font>, BB calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t350)</font>.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t500, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in t1000</font>, Hero calls t600 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1900)</font>.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t2500, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t2500)

Results:
Final pot: t2500
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed 6h 7c</font>

On hand one I kind of hesitated on leading and decided to check call. Probably should have led there now that I think about it but looking at the last few hands I'm not positive. At that point in the match he wasn't firing so large. It looks like a high ace to me.

On hand two it took me a little bit, but I folded after my timer got down to like 30 seconds. I figured he pealed an ace on that dry board and just shoved the turn. Who knows, but I did not like that spot, frustrating but I folded.

Hand three, he had gotten very aggressive by this point and was c-betting everything. I was c/r all the way here bc the board was a lot safer from his view on other hands he has c-bet up until now. Obviously he bet for me there.

Hand four was the very next hand after hand 3. I knew he would defend almost any limp and the likelihood of him shoving any raise was pretty high, so I just minraised it to save chips from a shove and not get raised out of a limp by him. I couldn't see him having much in that hand except some sort of a draw or weak pair, he took a long time to raise me all in on the turn. The longer he took the more I thought he had a very weak 9 or another weak pair.

What do you think of the play in these hands? The A8 hand in particular. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: $22 Turbo NLTRN Series of Hands

Hand 1: I either lead out or check/raise flop to 300 and see where I am at. Your line seems a little weak here imo.

Hand 2: I bet more on the flop. Probably at least 2/3-3/4 pot (if I'm reading that the pot was 180 correctly). Easy fold on turn though.

Hand 3: As played I like your line postflop, but what happens if you miss this flop? Just check/fold? You are getting pretty short.

Hand 4: Holla.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 AM

Just by looking at the first hand there are some information I need: His betting style. How often does he CB? And how big? What about second barrel and how big? Does he slowplay? Bet draws? I need these information to play hand 1 correctly.

Hand 3, I am pushing preflop if he has been raising pf alot. Everything else seems standard.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 AM

Hand 1 - did he think your smallish bet then check was evidence of weakness? I've got the feeling he might be bluffing or semi-bluffing (partly based on his betting in later hands) but 400 is perhaps too big to call. A post-turn bet of 200 might've been better.

Hand 2 - Again I think you're ahead, though not as confident this time.

Given you were able to take him out later in better spots, I think your folds were justified. It's usually best to try &amp; not get involved in big pots unless you're confident you're ahead.