Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: preflop percentages
e-mail 5 50.00%
post 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Default 6max poll WSOP 2500

Ok this hand I had a aggressive image Hoyt corkins doesn't know much about me prob stereotypes me with most of the internet style. He has dominated our table since coming I had my big stack already before he came to the hand but he's gone from 20k to like 200k running well and playing great been opening up his game open 2x an orbit and 3betting once an orbit basically crushing the table I am to his left so we aren't clashing much. I had about 175k going into the hand blinds are 1k/2k/300, the stacks behind me were 40k(siedel) 40k internet player semi nitty, and BS with with 125k and 100k in the blinds. The only times Hoyt has limped so far were OTB and one hand he folded to a PF shove from siedel and other he won postflop) Hoyt usually takes a while for ever action and gives a good deathstare. He limps UTG I raise red 9s to 8k folds back to hoyt he calls after 10seconds. Flop is Kc 3c 2x hoyt instaleads 17k. Note we have about 170k behind
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: 6max poll WSOP 2500

I vote for call. I also vote for PUNCTUATION.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 AM

Call... My judgement could be wrong as my eyes hurt and my brain is on fire after reading through this.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for call. I also vote for PUNCTUATION.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Corkins just shove/bet big the turn when we call?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 AM

Who voted for raise, and of the people who voted for raise, who would actually raise in this situation?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM

dont know abour calling, id raise , find out now. in the end Hoyt corkins isnt just gonna play a pot out of position against the only player whos can cripple/dent him, but it does depend on his 6-max style. also if i was in Hoyt corkins seat and you cold called my 17k bet on that flop with a flush draw out there also a straight draw id put ya on over pair between the 3 and the king (off board 88's pretty much). i dont call in these situations unless ive seen a agressive player shut down on the turn. this could end up costing around 60-80k to call down. this is a perfect spot for him to lead out, test ya responce to that and if he gets a cold call, and lead out again for 32k on the turn. what would you do to that bet. shove ? possible. take the action to him.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I just call, or raise big, leaning towards just calling. I've obv not played with Corkins, but I believe he would lead out big on the turn if you just call, so you're putting yourself in a tough spot either way I think...what do you do on the turn with a 54K pot when he leads out for 40-50K? Not being cocky...seriously, what do you do, even if a brick 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes out or something?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM

All you guys saying about the turn I was really worried about that as well that's why this is such a tough hand it even gets more interesting. But, I'll wait till tonite to post further action.

Hoyt has only played big pots with big hands and has run one biggish bluff which I am still unsure if it was a bluff or a misread like he claimed. He raised QJcc in EP got called by BB flop was 10 high all spades BB checked hoyt checked turn was another low spade bb bet like 6k into 14k hoyt called turn was an offsuit king the BB c/c hoyts 12k river bet. He later claimed he thought he flopped the flush.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:47 PM

I hope you've got better things to do tonight. GL chief.

EDit: and I didn't vote because there is no 'bastard' option
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 PM

can't fold just yet imo. calling seems very reasonable and standard here. he could be leading air, worse pairs, or draws.