Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Because I might be bored at work

Meh could be small sample size I just think 27/17 is a bit of a large spread for a TAG and he probably does a bit too much calling when he should/could raise. 6 handed I'm around 27/21 depending on tiltiness.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-06-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
27/17 is sorta weak for a TAG and he coldcalled out of the SB. That's plenty for me to pop top pair.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he isn't 25/19 or 30/20 indicates that he obviously calls some hands preflop that he should raise. And hence his understanding of poker theory cannot be that great.

But does that mean he is going to check/raise an AKQ flop with just top pair or worse that often?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it, SB clearly isn't good enough to give him enough respect to not pop the turn here and BB is padding the pot for you.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

On what basis do we know that SB isn't very good? I am sure the results will be SB called the river with QJ or some such nonsense and your statement will look prophetic.

[/ QUOTE ]
if SB calls i think we lose often. only value looks to be from the other player. if tag called with QJ or even a worse ace, i would be surprised ngga
Old 12-06-2006, 04:27 AM

also who cares what his preflop stats are. surfdoc said "around 27/17" and gave no number of hands. he could be 30/21 or 25/20 or whatever. know i do not how this is supposed to relate to how we should play this hand.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also who cares what his preflop stats are. surfdoc said "around 27/17" and gave no number of hands. he could be 30/21 or 25/20 or whatever. know i do not how this is supposed to relate to how we should play this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right. Who knows how big the sample size is. I look at my own stats at different tables during a session and I would think that i was 4 different people based on each table's stats. Sometimes I'm a nitty tag, other times i'm like 40/32. I think basing big chunks of reads off of someone having slightly less than optimal TAG stats might be putting too much into PT.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 AM

i like this raise with the other player in, but dislike it if it where HU.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 AM

I like every street here. Pretty easy to put SB on A9,AT or clubs given preflop/flop action & his stats. Granted the river (value)bet may not necessarily be called, but he will look you up often enough with the weaker aces for it to be worthwhile. Not to mention the fact that BB is padding the pot.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
27/17 is sorta weak for a TAG and he coldcalled out of the SB. That's plenty for me to pop top pair.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he isn't 25/19 or 30/20 indicates that he obviously calls some hands preflop that he should raise. And hence his understanding of poker theory cannot be that great.

But does that mean he is going to check/raise an AKQ flop with just top pair or worse that often?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with others in this thread that think reading too much into these stats is a mistake.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:09 AM

Well I didn't have any time at work which sucked. You people need to stop coming to the hospital at 3 am bringing your kids in with colds. TYLENOL is your friend people.

A few points about this hand:

1. Nobody mentioned 3 betting the flop? Why not? Would 3 betting here be a mistake? I am pretty sure my hand is the best. I think they are both pretty likely to have pair/gutter type hands or worse aces. Agreed?

2. For those who don't like the turn raise. Why not? It felt a little dirty to me also but I think the key point is that the SB will have a very hard time 3 betting any hand that he didn't 3 bet preflop with the exception of the nuts (TJ) since that board is so likely to be all over my range and my turn raise is super strong vs 2 players. The BB, well he can have a lot of crap but he sucks so I wasn't too worried. I really like a turn raise instead of a flop 3 bet since my equity can change dramatically on the turn and a club or jack would be pretty ugly.

3. Does anyone think the river VB is thin? I can't worry too much about running hearts but A9, Q9 are certainly possible.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]