Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Jihad,

I know different things work for different people. For the first few years of lifting... The same things work for everyone. After several years of putzing around... You'll figure out what works for you.

Also you're much much bigger than me. Does it matter? I deride your advice since its terrible. If people did the same workouts as you (sans juice) they'd likely become overtrained and start taking steps backward almost immediately. Half your workouts could be in Flex. FFS.

Also yeah, the Smiley quote was spot on. I don't think anyone who is doing a combination of O lifts/rows/Pull ups is really going to have more than a pittance of improvement to optimal.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jihad,

I know different things work for different people. For the first few years of lifting... The same things work for everyone. After several years of putzing around... You'll figure out what works for you.

Also you're much much bigger than me. Does it matter? I deride your advice since its terrible. If people did the same workouts as you (sans juice) they'd likely become overtrained and start taking steps backward almost immediately. Half your workouts could be in Flex. FFS.

Also yeah, the Smiley quote was spot on. I don't think anyone who is doing a combination of O lifts/rows/Pull ups is really going to have more than a pittance of improvement to optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]Out of curiosity, and I mean this question to be as serious and far away from the mudslinging as possible, how do you define overtraining? And to what end (goal) are you relating your definition to? Obviously there has to be a separation of the definition based on the goal you are training to (i.e. power vs. speed vs. endurance vs. shredding). I know you have said several times that my workouts put me well into "overtraining" and I couldn't disagree more, but I'd like to know if you have some key factors for defining the term.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining
http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/overtraining.html
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercis...chexercise.htm

I'm honestly curious why you think you are fit to give other people advice. You espouse one of the worst viewpoints in any possible field (if he's better at it than me, he must be able to give good advice. LOLZ If I see Reggie Miller teaching anyone how to shoot a jump shot I'm gonna stab him in the knee with a ball point pen and whisk him away lest he causes more harm.)

Also for clarification, I don't know if you are overtraining. But 99% of people trying to do that type of workout will be overtrained.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

I don't think I really implied, or at least didn't mean to, that my advice should be taken because I'm "better" than anybody. I do, however have a lot of experience, and have a lot of success in certain areas. Writing down my ideas on how to properly lift back does not at all mean that I wouldn't be open for criticism or outright disagreement, and attach no other merit to any advice that I give other than anecdotal, whether that be via my experiences or friends/gymrats.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Whatev. All opinions are not equal. I think yours is terrible and shouldn't be shared with anyone lest someone unknowing overhear.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

" I haven't read your log in a while, but I'm pretty sure that next to you I am a [censored] house."

SCOREBOARD MOTHER [censored]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM

let me rephrase...i do want a strong back, i have no interest in body building, some of my goals include rattling off pull ups like they are nothing, weighted pulls and eventually maybe a one arm pull up.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:43 PM

jihad, post your article and have people discuss it...or make it more of a list of do/don'ts and have people add the experiences that they have had or seen...im always down to read something, and i would imagine that thremp is too, even if he is a hater [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you can't be responsible for what people do with your advice/experiences so just post it with a warning that what you wrote worked for you and may not be the most optimal method for everyone else...