Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Beat: Just Found out my sister is my mom

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I build up the strength I am going to ask my sister about my dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

he sounds like a stand up guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess he sucks but he is a pretty abstract concept to me so I can't really hate him yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was 16-17 at the time, I think it's tough to pass judgement on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I remeber when I was in high school a kid in my grade killed himself. I knew who he was but we weren't really friends or anything. I think we had a class or two together. I remeber my mom crying when I told her and thinking it was really weird since she never met the kid, I guess it makes more sense now.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jack Nicholson was in this same situation. It is not a big deal. Grandparent is just a word. They have raised you 100%. They are your parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

And remember to be thankful for their efforts. Not easy to raise kids when you're older.

Good story, hope to all works out straight for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

mid-30's is older?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I grew up in a white trash area (i guess that might be obvious) but most of my friends parents where in their early to lmid 20s when they had their kida and stopped having them when they realized how expensive they were.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Max, ignore all the retard replies. Who your 'parents' are is more about emotional relationships than genetics. We had a similar situation in my family with my sister (who was raised by my grandparents)and most folks don't know she's my sister and not my aunt. She too, never knew her bio Dad and it ate her up for a long time, but eventually she realized she was pretty lucky in how and where she was raised, since my Mom was very young and really poor. I grew up in the housing projects on welfare and whatnot and she grew up in a nice house in rural Mass. None of it has anything to do with you, it sounds like your folks made good decisions and you turned out better for it. Your sister (Mom) probably has guilt issues (my Mom will never get over hers), but there's not much you can do about that, except tell her you're not mad at her (if you aren't). In many ways this isn't a beat, just variance.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 AM

interesting read, hope all works out for you max
Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jack Nicholson was in this same situation. It is not a big deal. Grandparent is just a word. They have raised you 100%. They are your parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

And remember to be thankful for their efforts. Not easy to raise kids when you're older.

[/ QUOTE ]

mid-30's is older?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I grew up in a white trash area (i guess that might be obvious) but most of my friends parents where in their early to lmid 20s when they had their kida and stopped having them when they realized how expensive they were.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's just where you're from. I'm 31 and I'm one of the younger parents I know.

Hope everything works out for you, OP.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Max, ignore all the retard replies. Who your 'parents' are is more about emotional relationships than genetics. We had a similar situation in my family with my sister (who was raised by my grandparents)and most folks don't know she's my sister and not my aunt. She too, never knew her bio Dad and it ate her up for a long time, but eventually she realized she was pretty lucky in how and where she was raised, since my Mom was very young and really poor. I grew up in the housing projects on welfare and whatnot and she grew up in a nice house in rural Mass. None of it has anything to do with you, it sounds like your folks made good decisions and you turned out better for it. Your sister (Mom) probably has guilt issues (my Mom will never get over hers), but there's not much you can do about that, except tell her you're not mad at her (if you aren't). In many ways this isn't a beat, just variance.

[/ QUOTE ]quit letting your wife post with your account
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post. I feel like given the hand that I was dealt I had a very good childhood. Most of my friends only had a mom so I was really lucky to have a mom and a dad. I really have no ill will towards my sister. I really have not been super close to my parents or sister since I went to college. I help them out financially if they need it and I still will of course. I have had almost no relationship with my sister for a while, she has a steady boyfriend who seems like a good guy. I think she probably didn't want to get very close to me but maybe she will now?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM

[x] wins the alltime beat award, can anyone really top this?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mid-30's is older?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's just where you're from. I'm 31 and I'm one of the younger parents I know.

Hope everything works out for you, OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a time thing also. I think people have kids later now then 20 years ago. I am 23 and am not even close to wanting a kid yet.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Wow, what a mind [censored]...

A+ beat. Would read your beats again.