Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cypto import doesn`t work for me, Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send one hand history file to tourneymgr@gmail.com. I believe some skins have slight differences in the format.

In other news, the new DB schema is basically done. I need to do another huge import, in the 6-8 million hand range, just to make sure it continues to scale well.

I'll be releasing a private beta for this build on Monday and then the public beta some time next week.

Thanks,

Roy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any timeframe on this major release?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's taken a bit longer than I thought obviously and I got a bit diverted trying to finally resolve that zero import issue some people were having (and it's fixed!) but I'm really just wrapping things up right now and testing so I'm hoping Monday night for the public beta with the private beta going out by Saturday night. The HUD won't be part of this but I'll be spending at least 80% of my time on the HUD once this version is out.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]
You mentioned this update will include custom reports. Does this mean position vs position stats will be possible also?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cypto import doesn`t work for me, Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send one hand history file to tourneymgr@gmail.com. I believe some skins have slight differences in the format.

In other news, the new DB schema is basically done. I need to do another huge import, in the 6-8 million hand range, just to make sure it continues to scale well.

I'll be releasing a private beta for this build on Monday and then the public beta some time next week.

Thanks,

Roy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any timeframe on this major release?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's taken a bit longer than I thought obviously and I got a bit diverted trying to finally resolve that zero import issue some people were having (and it's fixed!) but I'm really just wrapping things up right now and testing so I'm hoping Monday night for the public beta with the private beta going out by Saturday night. The HUD won't be part of this but I'll be spending at least 80% of my time on the HUD once this version is out.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]
You mentioned this update will include custom reports. Does this mean position vs position stats will be possible also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes although they won't be part of any of the default reports that will come with this version but I will provide a little tutorial on how to make a report that shows say 3bet % based on position and original raiser position which will hopefully give enough insite into how this works to give people something to explore further. I'll also probably create a tutorial on building a report that breaks down post flop winnings when flopping a set based on preflop action and flop action so you can see if slow playing a set vs a PFR nets more for you than leading out or raising etc. It's pretty open ended - some pretty amazing reports will be created.

For those of you that don't want to explore and just want to be able to easily use custom reports that other people create and share, there will be something pretty cool coming in the next little while so don't think you'll be left with basic reports.

rvg
Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Cool cool. One last question: How practical would it be to add a feature that includes cards on the board? Is this something you've considered? For example, cbet % on A high boards or a monotone board.

Just throwin it out there. I realize this type of filter can be misleading and complex but I think may be useful if done right.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool cool. One last question: How practical would it be to add a feature that includes cards on the board? Is this something you've considered? For example, cbet % on A high boards or a monotone board.

Just throwin it out there. I realize this type of filter can be misleading and complex but I think may be useful if done right.

[/ QUOTE ]

High card per street and tone-ness (along with a straight card rating) are all in there now so you could include those in your filters / reports. Definately some value if used correctly.

rvg
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 PM

RVG,
Please give me the final product and nobody else.

Thanks,
Noah
Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 AM

Looking great so far RVG. Are you done with the graphing function or will it be able to have the same look as the graphing on tourney manager? I really like being able to have the bottom part of the graph filled in.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like being able to have the bottom part of the graph filled in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled brag.

On all my SNG graphs, it was the top of the graph that was filled in.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 AM

How crazy isn't it that you got steven levitt to write a testimonial for Holdem manager? Is he at 2+2?

Is it possible to export data to exel or a similar program? This would make it possible to export the data to STATA or some other advanced econometrical program and do some really interesting statistical analyses.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How crazy isn't it that you got steven levitt to write a testimonial for Holdem manager?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. Awesome.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really like being able to have the bottom part of the graph filled in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled brag.

On all my SNG graphs, it was the top of the graph that was filled in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I being leveled? If so you got me. If you had the top filled in you were in the negative since above the line only gets filled in if you are below the x axis, not sure why you would brag.

I know the graphing part isn't a high priority, but who doesn't want a nice looking graph, to me the tourney manager graph is the best looking poker graph.