Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Preflop: QQ in SB facing 7x UTG raise

UB 25NL, Hero is in SB with QQ. UTG is tight but not rockishly so. He raises to $1.75. Folded to me.

I put him on a range comprised mostly of idiotic overraises with JJ/TT/AK and the like, with a lesser chance of AA/KK. Hero wishes to reraise, especially OOP. Good? And to how much?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Preflop: QQ in SB facing 7x UTG raise

Against that range you should probably just call and try to stack them on a safe flop. If your hand were 72o you should probably reraise unless a tight player at 25 NL stacks off with JJ/AK here preflop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on a range comprised mostly of idiotic overraises with JJ/TT/AK and the like

[/ QUOTE ]

Miller is on the same lines about it being "about JJ," though the 7x here is larger but this is a smaller game than the 1/2. Is that the fact, one needs a lot of experience, and other than that one needs to put him on a range of all hands he plays from that position and start to think about what hands he could possibly play in his situation (might be on tilt too or whatever, too loose a game or something) and position like that.

If you can put him on a range in such a good way, it should be worth just seeing the flop, especially as he rates to be predictable enough, and there's a good chance he would fold the TT and JJ for the rr (or what if one just doubles that big raise? It seems it's better to just see the flop if one knows what he rates to have, and anyway, IMO, the QQ rr could even generally be like raising with a roping hand vs. a continuous bettor) and then you just might end against two overcards or a better hand. Against a LAG that would not generally be the case; I wouldn't like to rope there with the QQ.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 AM

If we had the stack sizes it would be interesting to figure out if the villain is trying to apply SPR's from PNLHE Vol1.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:17 PM

Ah, crap. I had $35 and he had $21 and change. If he expected one caller, his SPR would then be ~20/~3.50 = 5.7.