Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

einbert,

I liked a lot of your post. I liked the most about what you said that everyone is different and we all have our own little quirks. For instance, I am like Evan in that a 6 can become an 8.5 simply by being endearing, fun and cool. Much of this reason is b/c I am much happier myself being around these people and the happier I am the more attractive the person across from me is going to be. Of course like you said, 3's don't become 9's b/c there has to be some base attractiveness.

OTOH, what hasn't been mentioned is that for me 9's can become 6's. I have dated a couple and couldn't continue b/c of this. I dated a girl a few years back that was very attractive but she had a very screwed up family that carried over into how she carried herself. She was very unsure of herself, her low self-esteem was combated by shopping and material excess. We had nothing in common and a simple dinner was way too much work, I was unhappy being around her but like a typical guy I used her attractiveness to force myself to want to be around her...I realized very soon that this wasn't me though.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Evan,

The first thing that came to mind when I saw a bunch of young people in an office making a music video was all the bad 90's internet startups where the owners spent a lot of time trying to make the office a fun place instead of worrying about a business plan that will turn a profit.

It looks like a great place to work until they run out of venture capital and ask you if you would keep working even though they don't have the money to cover the payroll checks this month.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

The first thing that came to mind when I saw a bunch of young people in an office making a music video was all the bad 90's internet startups where the owners spent a lot of time trying to make the office a fun place instead of worrying about a business plan that will turn a profit.

It looks like a great place to work until they run out of venture capital and ask you if you would keep working even though they don't have the money to cover the payroll checks this month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couple things:

1) It's pretty shortsighted to say that just because somewhere is a fun place to work it's going to be economically unsustainable. The tech bubble burst had nothing to do with owners not worrying about business plans. Crap businesses got funding, that's a different problem.
2) This company runs some pretty successful businesses.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Wow, NYJew is horrible.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:02 PM

okay, i don't really have anything significant to contribute to this thread except to say that video was AWESOME!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]
Couple things:

1) It's pretty shortsighted to say that just because somewhere is a fun place to work it's going to be economically unsustainable. The tech bubble burst had nothing to do with owners not worrying about business plans. Crap businesses got funding, that's a different problem.
2) This company runs some pretty successful businesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Connected Ventures isn't venture-backed. They're majority owned by publicly traded company that did $6B in revenue in 2006.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=iac

http://www.iac.com/index/news/press/...il.htm?id=7822

http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3623164

scrub
Old 05-06-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree in this case but think you're pretty much right.

[/ QUOTE ]

she went from like a 5 to a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, NYJew is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain how this is anything other than a totally unsolicited, unfunyy anti-semitic remark. you'll have to do so via PM since you're banned.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think that looks like just about the coolest place in the world to work I think we have very different world views. Regardless, pick some chick who's doing something you like. If you think cutting your wrists is a good time then pretend she's doing that I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree it looks like a cool place to work but it also reminds me why dot com businesses typically fail. I guess they learned nothing from the dot com bubble.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I am REALLY attracted to her largely because she just seems really cool and fun and obviously doesn't take herself too seriously. If she starts at a 6, I'd say this little clip makes her as attractive to me as a "normal" 8.5. So she gets 2.5 points for being awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how her acting the part of someone lipsynching with almost no emotion makes her seem "cool," "fun" and "awesome" to you. I would have just given her a 7.5 or 8 from the start and been done with it.

P.S. I assume you do realize that your projection onto her of all of the above characteristics really has nothing to do with the title of your thread, since I further assume that you don't know anything about her actual personality.