Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Now that you don\'t play at Party...

I'm doing a statistical study on how players in low-level ($11-22) SNG's play. But I need more data. For any US players, now that your observed Party games are useless to you, do you mind donating them to science? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'd be willing to pay a small amount for them and if you want I can give you credit in any articles I write.

Tysen
Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Now that you don\'t play at Party...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm doing a statistical study on how players in low-level ($11-22) SNG's play. But I need more data. For any US players, now that your observed Party games are useless to you, do you mind donating them to science? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'd be willing to pay a small amount for them and if you want I can give you credit in any articles I write.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would prolly be better off mining under the "new" conditions, else you will be more likely to get stats on how low limit SNGs used to be played rather than how they are played now (different countries making up new proportion of player base, 6 tabling instead of 12 tabling, lack of higher games forcing others to move down thus forcing out some of the old 22 players back to 11s, etc).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would prolly be better off mining under the "new" conditions, else you will be more likely to get stats on how low limit SNGs used to be played rather than how they are played now

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, for what I'm doing, I don't mind if they don't really match the playing conditions of today. I just would like the data soon, and I think it would take me too long to start mining now. I know some have built up some big DB's and I'm hoping I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Tysen
Old 10-20-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You would prolly be better off mining under the "new" conditions, else you will be more likely to get stats on how low limit SNGs used to be played rather than how they are played now

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, for what I'm doing, I don't mind if they don't really match the playing conditions of today. I just would like the data soon, and I think it would take me too long to start mining now. I know some have built up some big DB's and I'm hoping I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you after observed hands or played? If observed then I have about 300MB of speeds 11's (possibly some speed 22s too) all from shortly before the USA banning - PM me if you want them.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 07:18 PM

Try asking in the STT forum Tysen, I'm sure some of them would be willing to contribute.