Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: NL25 stats...What the hell am i doing wrong?!?!?!?!?!?

[ QUOTE ]
in addition to what others have said it look like your wwsf is pretty low. I'm sure it is partly that it is nl25 but you are probebly missing good bluffing oppertunities. for example min is in the low 40s as opposed to your 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

But with a 5 agression factor doesnt it mean im taking too many stabs at the flop? Maybe it just wierd conflicting numbers since its a small sample size.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 AM

One other stat you need to look at is your early position VPIP vrs your CO and Button vpip. On the button should be atleast twice that of early position.

Also when your postflop play is better you can almost open raise any two cards on the button, be play very tight in EP.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 AM

Tourney situations differ from cash at this level due to the main fact that at this level if you are not careful you'll most likely commit way too much of your stack (and be pot-stuck) w/big pairs before you realize you're beat. Pot-control is really the key here and must be balanced carefully with reducing drawing odds. You really must rely more on opponent specific reads as opposed to shear aggression which seems to be the case here. The concept of "you're broke you're gone" doesn't apply to cash games.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 AM

you're too passive preflop to be playing that aggressive post flop.

try utlizing your position more with hands that play well post flop and work your post flop aggression from there.

when you float/limp so much, it's hard to take down pots if you were just calling raises preflop.

so, for what its worth, raise more preflop, be more aggressive there, and slow down alittle post flop on teh aggression, but if you raise post flop more, i think you're fine being more aggressive post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 AM

PT is an awesome tool, dont just look at the first page stats. They are helpful but the real story is all inside.

This post is the nuts for game evaluation
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=

I think you may be on the right track when you talk about how differently TPTK plays in tourneys.
If you have 30bb (as is common in SNGs etc.) and have AK on a A89 board in a raised pot folding is out of the question.
100bb deep in a cash game plays very different.

Likewise when you raise PF with AK or QQ with 30bb (in tourneys) and get shoved on you normally snap call.
If this happens with 100bb you have to be sure the shove came from a total manic.

I found these leaks as leftovers from my SNG days.
GL