Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Default BR management issues

Just wanting any advice about building a BR. Any suggestions or ideas would be nice. I prefer limit games 3-6 & 5-10 but would like to work my way to the 20-40 or 30-60 games around my area. Besides just when i'm comfortable also any suggestions of when "BR wise" to move up in limits. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 AM

Default NEED some good advice!

I have been playing internet poker for a few years now, all this time I have been breaking even, until the around 15-11-07.....I got in to a rush in 30-60$ limit table and in a few hours worked my way up to almost 10k, I have dream of having 10k bankroll ever since I have started, and now I was almost there....THe things is that over the last 2-3 sassions I have lost almost everything! I played well, but keep getting cold cards, and finally I was on tilt , before I know it, It was to late......10$ left in my BR! after the last sassion, I have been thinking of stopping playing for good, So sick that I can lose control like that, I had a bad feel about it, and still I keep on playing ......Need some good advice, from some good people.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: BR management issues

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanting any advice about building a BR. Any suggestions or ideas would be nice. I prefer limit games 3-6 & 5-10 but would like to work my way to the 20-40 or 30-60 games around my area. Besides just when i'm comfortable also any suggestions of when "BR wise" to move up in limits. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live or online? Check out the micro stakes limit forum faq thats where I found this:

What is an appropriate bankroll for the stake X/Y?
Poker is not a game of predictable expectations. A winning player will have their losing days, weeks, and sometimes months. Your bankroll must be sufficiently large to survive these wild rides. A bankroll of 300 Big Bets is the standard recommendation. If you are playing $1/$2, you should have $600 available in your bankroll. If this bankroll cannot be replenished, then you should often have more than 300 BB's available for your current stake. You can certainly take shots at a limit with less than 300 BB's, but be prepared to drop down if you hit a downswing. If you are playing 6-max tables, you will need an even larger bankroll to survive the higher variance.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: NEED some good advice!

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing internet poker for a few years now, all this time I have been breaking even, until the around 15-11-07.....I got in to a rush in 30-60$ limit table and in a few hours worked my way up to almost 10k, I have dream of having 10k bankroll ever since I have started, and now I was almost there....THe things is that over the last 2-3 sassions I have lost almost everything! I played well, but keep getting cold cards, and finally I was on tilt , before I know it, It was to late......10$ left in my BR! after the last sassion, I have been thinking of stopping playing for good, So sick that I can lose control like that, I had a bad feel about it, and still I keep on playing ......Need some good advice, from some good people.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you start your own thread you will probably get more responses then if you post in someone else's.

That sounds like a vary bad streak.Did you try moving down in stakes when you started losing or did you chase you losses and move up in stakes.That seems like a lot to lose in just a few sessions if you were using good bankroll management rules.

I no when i go on tilt it helps to take a week or two off and do something to get my mind off poker.I also have a lot of play money that i won when i first started playing online and ill go into a room and play like a madman to get rid of some steam.Tilt's a tough thing everyone has to kind of find the best way to deal with it for them selfs.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: NEED some good advice!

Fundamentals, how can you sit in a 30-60 game with only a $10k bankroll? This is a fundamental error. Normal variance can scoop this up. You were playing about twice as high as you should have been. Anxious to move up and stay as high as possible. Why? Play in the game you can beat if your playing to win money.

Dave

Dave