Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Default To soon to meet the family????

So about a month an a half ago I started dating this girl.

Cute, fun, sexy... total girlfriend material but we really haven't had that "talk" yet.

About 3 weeks ago I had mentioned in passing that my parents were going to be out of town for Thanksgiving and that was the end of the conversation.

Last week she mentions that she was talking to her mom and somehow I got invited to Thanksgiving.

To soon... this girl is crazy for wanting me to come meet her family? I'm being gay and should go have a good time?

FWIW... I'm a little weirded out about entering the total "boyfriend" zone because I'm still close friends with my last two girlfriends. Nothing physical... but my buddies do think it's a little weird that I'm still so close with the ex's.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: To soon to meet the family????

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Way, way too soon.

[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago I had mentioned in passing that my parents were going to be out of town for Thanksgiving

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad, very bad. Learn to think like a girl before you open your mouth. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Last week she mentions that she was talking to her mom and somehow I got invited to Thanksgiving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Inevitable.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm being gay and should go have a good time?

[/ QUOTE ]
You will NOT have a good time. RUN!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 PM

I don't get this. If you like her, and you have a modicum of social grace, go. If you don't like her, or you don't like her in "that way", or you know that you can't control your flatulence at the dinner table, don't go. Enough with the games.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 PM

It could go either way, but my first reaction was...

[ QUOTE ]

Cute, fun, sexy... total girlfriend material but we really haven't had that "talk" yet.

About 3 weeks ago I had mentioned in passing that my parents were going to be out of town for Thanksgiving and that was the end of the conversation.

To soon... this girl is crazy for wanting me to come meet her family? I'm being gay and should go have a good time?

FWIW... I'm a little weirded out about entering the total "boyfriend" zone because I'm still close friends with my last two girlfriends. Nothing physical... but my buddies do think it's a little weird that I'm still so close with the ex's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM

You're overanalyzing the situation.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Good bolding there, micro. You [censored] yourself on this one, OP. You should definitely NOT casually mention that you won't be having thanksgiving with your parents to a girl you've just started dating. I know it seems like an innocuous bit of conversation, but the potential problems are obviously huge. If she likes you at all and is interested in you being a boyfriend, she'll invite you over. Anything else would be "insensitive". This obv wouldn't be a problem if it's just one of your buddies. At this point, you need a graceful way out of this, like cold calling your grandparents and insisting they have you over for thanksgiving. Otherwise go to thanksgiving with this girl. Otherwise you might as well consider the relationship done.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Just bring the mom and daughter on one of those plane rides, a kinky and incestuous 3way is bound to ensue.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she likes you at all and is interested in you being a boyfriend, she'll invite you over. Anything else would be "insensitive".

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

What is she supposed to do? Obviously the correct thing here as for her to invite you.

"So my parents are going to be gone for thanksgiving and I'm going to be alone...."

"sucks to be you. I'm going to be having fun with my family."

"yeah......."
Old 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM

you're being as gay as you can be while dating a girl
Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Just go. Maybe a day with her family will be a bunch of boozing, football watching awesomness. Of course, they're going to probably see you as "the new BOY", but nothing you can do about that. It's not like you'll ever see them again if it doesn't go well.