Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Default WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

OK Im pretty curious what yall think of some of the MHSH WPEX regs.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

I don't even know who still plays cause i no longer play on there. But when i logged a lot of hours in there I played a lot against the following.

- Da Enigma: Solid 2+2'er im pretty sure. Played a lot with him whether that was 50-100 heads up trying to get other to join or what not. Looking back I was def -EV against him, I think hes good.
- Twayankees: I'm not sure. Ran good toward the end of when i was playing, cant be a long term winner.
- Boypinoy: Maybe a bot?!? I dunno, plays bad, but probably is up on me lifetime heads up (always plays 30 60)
- Damanwithdamoves: Tricky laggy guy that always gave me a ton of trouble.
- MadCaddy: Toward the end of my run he jumped on and played a lot of 100 200. He got me good playing heads up and shorthanded when i would tilt. I thought he was probably the best player i have ever played heads up, doubt he still plays.
- Retirementmoney: Donator, too bad he busted his account when I was moving back to school playing 100-200 with I think enigma and tongni, maybe reztez too. I was sad when he disappeared.
There was another guy who played high from some foreign country who was absolutely atrocious, cant remember his name but he crushed me.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Twayankees: I'm not sure. Ran good toward the end of when i was playing, cant be a long term winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree, but saw him at 100/200 the other day. He can't be that busto.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM

taking shots
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

Off the top of my head from 5/10 and 10/20:

jhstv17 (or something similiar). I haven't seen him in a while, but I thought he was one of the better players I encountered.

GoingDownSlow. Same as above.

I_DRAWOUT_U. I may have got the name wrong, but he's from Denmark. He doesn't play that often, but when he does, he's probably one of the better players. There's someone with a similiar name (I_SUCKOUT_U or something similiar) from Norway who can be a pain to play against if you're running bad, but he's pretty prone to tilting. And he's such a whiny bastard that I'll never think he's anything but mediocre.

JoeKKer. I think he's just moved up to 5/10 from 3/6. I think he's +EV in the games, and he's not really bad... but he needs to learn how to adjust to different players. The first time I played with him, I thought he was decent/good, but the second time, he was really spewy. So, while I don't think he's bad, he needs to retain better control over his emotions, or back off the LAGgier players until he's more comfortable adjusting to them.

There's one or two others I know I'm leaving out, but I just can't remember their nicks. These are really just the guys who I thought were/could be at least decent, and who I don't know whether or not they're 2+2.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JoeKKer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is not good.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head from 5/10 and 10/20:

jhstv17

GoingDownSlow.

[/ QUOTE ]

both very solid.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM

im curious how many people here beat the 5/T or lower at wsex for more than 1bb/100 (or even breakeven) over more than 100k hands

i just can not, im a loser pre rakeback, the tables are tight usually, most playres are ok, the rakes high pre rakeback and apparently i have some real leaks i cant figure out? altho i have improved a ton and figured some out along the way

just venting, today i dropped a grand pre-rakeback while raking 300 over 2k+ hands at 3/6 and am a bit discouraged since this was a really [censored] run.

somethin makes me think i should have taken gehrig/ ilp's advice along time ago and not had this been my sole site since the ban
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM

BB wise i was very much breakeven at wpex, maybe like a .2 or .3/100 winner over 100k hands. But the immense amount of rake from playing shorthanded with their high rake system made my winrate... I'm not exactly sure on the numbers but pretty high.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM

yeah i know my winrate in the end after gettin 100% rb is nothin to sneer at since u can lose 1bb/100 and be making over 2bb/100 which is a significant amount of money for playing small stakes online poker as a source of income, but just pscyhologically its kinda harsh to see ur money on the table consistently dwindling in the long run and it bruises my ego a bit to think some of these players i think im probably better than in general may be doing better than me? aka they are actually better than me.

plus eventually i fear my spending will busto me so id like to figure out what people are doing to get an edge in these games so i can make more, move up and move money to other sites