Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Default A quick checkup.

Situation 1) Just looking for your default play here assuming you have no reads. It is folded to hijack who limps, you are next with Ah4h... What is your play?

Situation 2) No read on Hijack but the players behind you are all loose and tend to coldcall raises loosely. Hijack limps, you are next with Ah4h....What is your play?

Situation 3) This time the players behind you are all tight. Hijack limps, what is your play with Ah4h?

Situation 4) Tight passive limps UTG in a 9 handed game, it is folded to you on the button. SB is tight, BB is loose, you have Ah4h....What is your play?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: A quick checkup.

W/o reads it's tough. I probably fold all 4 here and ask for a seat change button in situations 1 and 2 at least.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:47 PM

i think i raise all 4.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:00 PM

What is my read on me (i.e. my image)?

If it's at least somewhat tight, I raise 1-3. In #4, it depends on what kind of passivity we can expect from UTG postflop. He likely has a better hand than A4, so if he's the type with a high probability to reach showdown, I fold. Otherwise, I raise.

If my image is loose/bad, I fold all 4.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Probably why I fold all 4.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Probably why I fold all 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
To have a loose/bad image you have to play more than one hand per down and you have to lose sometimes.

To the original question:
1) Raise (I want the button)
2) Call (the button will never be mine...)
3) Raise (I can taste the the button)
4) Call or fold depending on just how tight UTG is. Who am I kidding. These are two suited cards? I call.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM

I would play all 4, I think raising 1 and 3, but I could raise/ call with all of them.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM

I'd probably raise 2 of the four... still trying to figure out which two.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:42 PM

1. Fold. I have to get some reads b/f getting involved here.

2. Call. Suited Ace-rag plays well m/w. I do not want to drive out players, and I want to keep the pot small making it easier to fold if I miss.

3. Raise. Seems contradictory to the above, but not exactly. I do not want 1 or 2 callers. I want either everybody in or everybody out. Here I have a chance to get it h/u w/position, betting lead and quite possibly the best hand.

4. Fold. In line w p2. and p3. UTG probably has me beat. (Likely) 2 callers is not a good situation here even with position.

One more thing -- I like hearts. I may paly differently w Ac-4c. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Fold. I have to get some reads b/f getting involved here.

2. Call. Suited Ace-rag plays well m/w. I do not want to drive out players, and I want to keep the pot small making it easier to fold if I miss.

3. Raise. Seems contradictory to the above, but not exactly. I do not want 1 or 2 callers. I want either everybody in or everybody out. Here I have a chance to get it h/u w/position, betting lead and quite possibly the best hand.

4. Fold. In line w p2. and p3. UTG probably has me beat. (Likely) 2 callers is not a good situation here even with position.

One more thing -- I like hearts. I may paly differently w Ac-4c. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I agree with each call you've made here. You want to play this hand only if you can raise and isolate, or if you can get in cheaply in the 4 way pot.

When you can isolate it is profitable even when you are the underdog because of the dead money overlay. And a draw to a nut flush is always profitable for a single small bet preflop in a four way pot.