Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: girls who play poker - a turn off for guys who don\'t play poker?

duuuude you fear girls at the poker table? they are so straightfoward and they dont run big bluffs! no fe4r [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Also the higher levels of nl are extremely aggressive as well.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM

poker is all about bluffing, i forgot.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lately, it seems that guys that i've met haven't been all that interested in me, ever since i started playing poker. i think it may be because these guys think i'm a degenerate gambler, because they don't understand poker. i just graduated from college and i'm unemployed; i only play poker right now. do you think this is something that a lot of people would not respect?

i'm a really honest and straightforward person, but i think the next time i meet a guy i'm interested in, i'm going to hold off telling him about my poker playing until we get to know each other a little. or maybe i have no choice but to stick with dating fellow poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you obese?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Actually the question of whether the grimy atmosphere of poker rubs off on a female and shows isn't a bad one. Lotsa guys' idea of an attractive woman doesn't include someone who is cursing, scowling, slumped over, looking bored, having outbursts of temper, wearing a stained, malodorous jogging suit, hair askew, while drinking, smoking, slowly getting greasier, and exuding the smells from each.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the question of whether the grimy atmosphere of poker rubs off on a female and shows isn't a bad one. Lotsa guys' idea of an attractive woman doesn't include someone who is cursing, scowling, slumped over, looking bored, having outbursts of temper, wearing a stained, malodorous jogging suit, hair askew, while drinking, smoking, slowly getting greasier, and exuding the smells from each.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I'm not a girl, but is this why I can't find anyone?

I know from myself, and a few other pros, our hygiene isn't what it used to be. Not that I don't shower everyday (I've seen a few who don't, especially during a losing streak), but I don't always shave, keep up with my hair, etc. like I once (had to for work).

Sitting in front of a computer all day makes care even less, I notice.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lately, it seems that guys that i've met haven't been all that interested in me, ever since i started playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be so quick to put it down to poker. I have to wonder if it isn't an attitude change as well. Not having a regular job/studies and playing a mindless game for hours a day probably dulls some of your edge, and if you're used to regular attention, edge is generally what people are attracted to unless you're a stunner.

This is going to sound funny but the other thing to consider is that you're on a bad streak. I've gone through various phases where many girls show interest, and others where I'm largely ignored. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it sometimes. If you usually get hit on once a week, by pure math you're going to have cold streaks where you go months without an attraction.

[ QUOTE ]
i think it may be because these guys think i'm a degenerate gambler, because they don't understand poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's more to it than that; poker says a lot about your moral character as well. Your professional life consists of sitting on your butt and taking money from clueless or sick strangers, while providing nothing in return. Normal people tend to look down on that almost instinctively

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a really honest and straightforward person, but i think the next time i meet a guy i'm interested in, i'm going to hold off telling him about my poker playing until we get to know each other a little. or maybe i have no choice but to stick with dating fellow poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mystery and honesty don't have to be exclusive. It's fun to hold the cards (no poker pun intended) and this is a good excuse to play with it.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Point conceded.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But somehow they seem to have a greater "impact".

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] they do at that, don't they.

Of course it's not a turn-off. Whether it be cards or corporates, I'm sure my indifference to the woman's choice is obvious.

People are more than the values of their gestalts.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 08:54 AM

[x] worthless without pics
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I miss Vegas.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my live play was in vegas, but I always found the best way to abuse my fellow players was to be the opposite. Perky, clean, flirty-type talkative, and dressed in something that is best described as "low cut".

The number of times that guys showed me their cards/handed me my bets back/just handed me chips was astounding.

Note, I'm not some super hottie or anything like it. I think of myself as functional pretty, at best. But any girl at a poker table, in my experience, immediately has her "number" doubled.

/hijack