Default Re: Irritating office yambags

[ QUOTE ]
"tummy..."

[/ QUOTE ]

this word makes me violent.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he talked to you, he would pop his back zits, look at the "remnants" on his fingers, then go back to work all the while talking to you like there's nothing going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god, vomit
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"tummy..."

[/ QUOTE ]

this word makes me violent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, he uses 'tummy ache' frequently enough to garner violence as well.

"Ohh, I have tummy ache today..."
-I left out the 'a', as in 'a tummy ache', because that's how he says it, which is even more irritating.

"I have tummy ache today..."
*icepick*
Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM

popped back zits right in front of you? Gahhh, that is awful.

Nothing really irritating about the following story but it's pretty funny anyway.

Cube neighbor is 58 and always talking about how he "used to be skinny.", "used to be tan", "used to be athletically fit", "used to own his own company", "used to own a niiiice 280Z (or 300z) but it got stolen."

etc..all this stuff about how awesome his life used to be. Anyway, I told a co-worker that I bet he's always reminiscing about the old days when his life apparently ruled, and my co-worker just laughed it off and said he wasn't that lame and that I was reading too much into it.

Anyway cut to about a month ago I go in and we're chatting about that I didn't go to my 10-year reunion this summer when he says the following: "The last reunion I went to was my 15-year...I was in impeccable shape...I was tan...I had my own company, I had just gotten my 300Z, and I was dating a woman who...was...very blond, very, blue-eyed, very tan, very top-heavy, and very crazy about me. And to see the look on those peoples faces was just...priceless. Back in school I was sort of fat and nerdy but on that night I felt like a king. All these guys were trying to hit on my girlfriend, and she kept telling me what jerks they were."

So pretty much my assumptions were confirmed with that nice succinct story right there.

He's 58 and he's got a pic of himself in his office from the mid-70's where he's leaning against his 300Z.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM

-ZEN
Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 PM

Update:

The Yambag is now co-opting the donuts somebody brought it to take to his cult meeting tonight. So basically he was too cheap to bring something to our thing, and is bringing old leftover donuts to his other thing. I'm fine to see evil donuts leave my department, but man, that's just apallingly low rent to me.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Even if only for the public shame factor, I would hope someone, anyone, in your office would call him out on this.

Not bringing something is one thing, but taking stuff from a spread that you didn't even contribute to is just upper-echelon douchebaggery.

At least ask him if his cult liked your donuts.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:29 AM

The dude is so far beyond shame it's ridic. He does/says at least 3 things a day that should just mortify a normal human. We just all roll our eyes and laugh at him after he leaves.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 AM

We have a quality secretary.

When we arrived in our new office, I first couldn't know whether *it* was a man/woman. Later did I learn her name, she's a woman. They decided to hier a mexican catcher, why not.

We moved again, very close to her cube. She keeps the window behind her open, uses a fan, both all year long s that you feel like an ice cube, and most of all gives personal calls all day long while speaking loudly. About anything, for instance her period issues.

She scares people so much that no one has ever said anything to her. I've been twice to her desk, asking her to speak more softly, gently the first time, not so gently the second. She didn't seem to care, although I gained respect from workmates. I've stopped speaking to her, even hello, even if we meet in the evelator at 8AM.

There is another one who is a nerd archetype. Lives with his bro playing LAN games all night long, must go to the shower once a week, always wears the same black suit/shoes (even on weekends), thing is he's one of the coolest guys here, but you can't stand close to him for more than 10 seconds.

Finally, the quality manager. One day a random guy who had had a baby brought sugar almonds (we use to do it here in France). About 4-5 lbs. During the day people come and go to his desk to wach baby's pictures, say "ho he looks like you blablabla" and eat an almond.

The day after, the afromentioned quality manager comes by and takes all the remaining almonds. About 2 lbs left. Saying "no one is gonna eat them anyway". No little profit.

He once threw a party in his new place, no way I was gonna get there, still he came by me and said "you're not there on saturday ? Doh, I was counting on you for the music" (as I have DJ stuff). Of course man, at night I dream of changing CDs in your apartment.

Hell is other people.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 PM

This reminds me.

I forgot to add that the guy I'm talking about in my post 6 posts up is French.