Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Default WA/WB with trips?

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

SB is LPP (44/0.35/0.37) over 500+ hands.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q 7
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I have a long history with the Button, who is a 2+2er, a tight player (19/14/2.5 over 7.5k hands), and a friend of mine. Button has attempt to steal of 31%. Button had taken a bunch of beats over multiple tables recently and was verbally steaming in chat. Kind of a loose call, even with 5:1. Putting Q7o into Stove vs. 30% of hands for BU and SB and I have 21% equity.

Flop: A Q Q (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

I check, hoping to check-raise the field. I'm really confused because Button almost always fires a c-bet, especially on an Ace flop, where Button has top pair or can represent it.

Turn: K (3BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero ???

I now bet out fearing that it may get checked around again. A flush draw is now possible as well as some gutshot combinations. The LPP SB check-raises me. I'm WB AQ and KQ, but tying with all other Qx hands. I would assume that SB re-raises KK and AQ pre-flop (although maybe not with a PFR of 0.35% [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ). JT has just filled the gutshot. The only hand I'm WA of is top pair, but does LPP SB check-raise me on this board?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: WA/WB with trips?

There are 2+2'ers running at 19/14?

Given his extremely passive stats this is probably a call down yeah.

Interesting question is what to do on a river 7 when he bets. ;p
Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 PM

It seems weak but call this down and hope that you split. Hes not spazzing out with an ace here.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 PM

my first instinct is to 3bet just because you've under-represented your hand so much and it looks like you're just taking a stab at it on the turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM

this is just a calldown vs anyone i dont know why anyone would want to 3bet? we really think the guy has Ax or AK and plays it this way more often than he has a chop w/ us KQ AQ or JT? This guy could even have AA KK or QQ ftm

i dont think its even close no matter what description we give villain except maybe worst maniac ever
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first instinct is to 3bet just because you've under-represented your hand so much and it looks like you're just taking a stab at it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy really is steaming like you said, I would not be suprised to see him raise you here with any ace. He knows that you would expect him to c-bet the flop with an ace or less, and he would probably expect you to slow play trips on the turn as well. I think he could easily be raising to see where he is on the turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting question is what to do on a river 7 when he bets. ;p

[/ QUOTE ]
Raising gains 1 (maybe 2 vs. an overplayer?), and loses 2 vs. KQ/AQ (unless you're going to fold?). Calling does vice versa.

I guess going by hand combinations, you raise, since there are more Qx/JT hands than AQ/KQ. It depends on the # of Qx hands SB calls with pre-flop.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 PM

what are u talkin about combinations? we dont beat JT and raising vs Qx has no value

there are more ocmbos of AK an Ax than KK AA AQ JT KQ sure but hes more likely to play the latter this way and we get 1 more bb vs calling down ahead and probably put 2 more in behind vs calling down.

i duno why anyone thinks villain would expect us to slowplay Qx again on the turn? thats lmao.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i duno why anyone thinks villain would expect us to slowplay Qx again on the turn? thats lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 1/2 level, I see it all the time. Not saying its a good play....but it is common at this level.

Also, the facts that they know each other well, and villain is said to be steaming may increase this possibility.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 PM

the villain is not the same guy as the guy (button) who's steaming, if i read it correctly