Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Big razz pot

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand nadremak's lead out on 7th here. How often is he getting called by a worse hand, or getting a better one to fold?

He got called on 6th, so betting in front of Seat 5 with a 98-smooth seems foolish. Could he really see this as a value bet? He can't seriously think that any 9 is folding here, with the pot size.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, nadremark is not a good player. Also, the pot is so big that a worse hand will call. I would have called with a T if bigfacecat had folded.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand nadremak's lead out on 7th here. How often is he getting called by a worse hand, or getting a better one to fold?

He got called on 6th, so betting in front of Seat 5 with a 98-smooth seems foolish. Could he really see this as a value bet? He can't seriously think that any 9 is folding here, with the pot size.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, nadremark is not a good player. Also, the pot is so big that a worse hand will call. I would have called with a T if bigfacecat had folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the nadremark comment- that answered it. He wouldn't have realized that the odds of one or more players calling down with a Ten AND the other player not being able to play is pretty low.

Inducing the 7th street bluff seems to have more value than leading out here.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played around with some hand combos on twodimes, and I haven't found a combo that gives Seat #5 more than around 30% equity at best. Even a three-way combo such as

2d 5d 4d
Ad 7h 6s
Ah 8s 4h

gives 254 only a 31% equity. Even that seems like a pretty thin margin, given that Seat #5 has to catch better than both other seats, I think, on 4th?

[/ QUOTE ]
These are really the worst hands you could expect the two A door card hands to have here, so their average range makes the spot even worse for the 2. If you want to do more advanced razz simulations (with hole card ranges, and no need for worthless suits) use pro poker tools, it's quite good.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

BigFaceCats range for completing is a card, he doesn't even need 2, let alone 3.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like reraising with a 7 showing and the raise was into a bunch of low cards and there were low cards to act. In that case, I see the point in doing it as an isolation, but anyone to act who can beat a 7 probably jams.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a little risky because of the door cards behind, but his hand is pretty live and not going to be much of an underdog to any 3-card hand. Also, more of a reason to isolate when players behind him are getting good odds to come in with a rough 7, 3-card 8, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Here, bigfacecat is a good LAG player raising into 2 low cards. I have seen him do that with very marginal hands. If I was the only low card to act, it would be an automatic reraise. I don't reraise a lot, preferring to underplay my hands, but I also might reraise here is an 8 low if it was concealed and my cards were live.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is completing with A,7,A,A behind him. Even bigface is likely to have a hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a LAG/gambling player like BFC, I think this had is played right. It's not like BFC is playing all premiums in this spot, but when he does he gets paid off he's usually dragging a big pot.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a LAG/gambling player like BFC, I think this had is played right. It's not like BFC is playing all premiums in this spot, but when he does he gets paid off he's usually dragging a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome stranger. It seems you do a fair amount of playing on the higher stakes razz tables on FTP. Care to introduce yourself, or prefer to remain anonymous?