Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 01:02 AM

Default 1/2 Crypto JJ vs King pairing turn

First day at Crypto scene.
UTG is: 52/7/0.87 over 78 hands
Button is: 28/7/0.6 over 100 hands

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $96.74
Hero: $96.50
Button: $136.22
SB: $62.25
BB: $32.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Um... what the hell is button doing cold-calling a re-raise? I haven't been around Crypto (first day and all). I put him on KK/AA or possibly a timid QQ/JJ/AK. Any other thoughts?

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

UTG had a flop AF of 3. I've seen him bet APOTB as well as Ace-hi HU. I'm pretty sure I'm ahead, if not UTG or Button will let me know. Button might slowplay top set w/ KK, but there's a 2-flush on board. Perhaps calling down 2nd pair with QQ/JJ?

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero ?

Should I have bet this turn? I'm really confused now. I know I have UTG beat, but I still don't know what to make of that cold-call of a re-raise. AK would've re-raised me on the flop. Perhaps UTG is on AJ/AQ diamonds? Is UTG now betting his quad kings? I know it's a tiny sample, but does a &lt; 1 Total AF factor in here?

I have over 8:1 on the call. Is this c/c to the river with my line? What can I beat except AXs?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Crypto JJ vs King pairing turn

EDIT: I'm getting over 10:1 on the call.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:49 AM

This is a nasty one. Obviously 10:1 isn't enough to call to 2 outs so you have to wonder if you are ahead or not. The way button played this hand makes me think he has you beat for sure, cold-calling 3 bets and then 2 and then betting turn. You can fold here and not feel too bad about it.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM

If you're thinking about calling that turn, you'd have been better off betting as you could make an easy fold to a raise and would save a bet on the river. You could also get a QQ or maybe even an AA to fold by betting out. Also, if the board paired on the river with the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and UTG was on a flush draw, he might not bet making it possible for you to get a free showdown and save having to make a decision on the river, although if he bet a flush river it would be a pretty easy fold anyway.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Easy check/raise on turn.

Well, it was an easy bet, but now that you checked and Button bet, you can check/raise.

Whatever you do, don't fold to a freaking bet and call.

Edit: BTW, the only hand I'd be worried about is AK, and I'd expect to see 77-TT, random crap way more.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy check/raise on turn.

Well, it was an easy bet, but now that you checked and Button bet, you can check/raise.

Whatever you do, don't fold to a freaking bet and call.

Edit: BTW, the only hand I'd be worried about is AK, and I'd expect to see 77-TT, random crap way more.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is scared of relatively tight button calling 3 cold, then calling 2 cold, then betting turn?