Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Poker Programs

Short question leading to long answers:

What programs are out there and what do they do? I hear you folks talk about poker tracker and HUD, and I have an idea what they do, but can someone explain what they do and how they help? How much are they?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Poker Programs

Check the FAQ in the software forum. There are links to various commercial alternatives for statistical tracking and links to debates about which one is better.

This is the wrong forum, and that one has a ton of threads on the subject already. So, read the FAQ there, and navigate the links in the FAQ to threads like this one
Poker Office or Poker Tracker? by Barrin6 .
Old 11-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Relatively short answer:

Poker Tracker keeps notes of tendencies in your play, and the play of your opponents: it looks at each hand and derives information like how much money you make out of each position or from a given hand, how much you raise or c-bet or check-raise, how much you're making, and so on. It does the same for the people you're sitting with as well. Poker Office does pretty much the same thing, as far as I know.

Poker Grapher makes graphs of your winnings from Poker Tracker data.

PAHUD takes information about your opponents from Poker Tracker and pastes it directly onto the table you're playing at, next to their avatar.

Poker EV measures how much money you should have made, assuming a luck neutral environment. This also takes information from Poker Tracker, calculating the equity you had with each hand and comparing that with what you actually made.

Poker Stove is a program that lets you calculate win percentages for given hands, i.e. how 66 runs against JTs, for example.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM

Thanks, I'll check that thread.