Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB unraised pot, 76o
4-1 4 19.05%
5-1 4 19.05%
6-1 0 0%
7-1 6 28.57%
8-1 2 9.52%
9-1 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

I'm definitely interested. Email sent.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 AM

I'm up for anything. So we're talking Adsense sites basically, or what?

If anyone wants some super cheap hosting for this, PM me. I'll just do some reselling of my space because I have way more than I need.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also made a forum for us. If we want to use it. This is one of the things I'd like to learn about. So I hope we use it.

Money Making Project Forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh did you really have to slap adsense on the right side of your forum. Yeah i'll pass on that forum thanks.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:26 AM

I'm very interested. I will send you an email
Old 10-29-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-29-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've also made a forum for us. If we want to use it. This is one of the things I'd like to learn about. So I hope we use it.
Link Removed

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh did you really have to slap adsense on the right side of your forum. Yeah i'll pass on that forum thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh i thought that was kinda funny. making an adsense sponsored forum as his contribution to this project [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

update: 'hey guys my site isn't doing so well, if you could all please post more in my forum and be sure to click on the adsense links, it would do a lot better...how ya'll doin?'

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, NOOB here. I have zero experience with adsense and wanted to get a feel for it. I also felt it might be good to have our own forum. I didn't realize that it would be a bad thing to put up a forum, so I'll tkae it down until further notice.
Thanks for your opinions.
Doug

Edit: if you didn't see the forum and are curious as to what it was. It was just a plain phpbb forum.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:30 AM

you were asking people to click the ads? LOL Cant wait to see your next post in a few days "Google banned me, what can I do?"
Old 10-29-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you were asking people to click the ads? LOL Cant wait to see your next post in a few days "Google banned me, what can I do?"

[/ QUOTE ]No, I wasn't asking people to click ads, or implying that they should click ads. All I did was make a forum. It was a fairly fun thing to do. But, I'm a huge geek. I did most of what I wanted to do, except for gaining a slightly better understanding of how ads change based on content. The idea behind the forum was to facilitate those who are participating in this project. I did not expect to make any money off of it. But I do expect to make money off the knowledge I'd gain. I didn't take it down because I was doing something illegal with google, or because some people jokingly or maliciously talked about the ad I slapped up. But becuse there didn't appear to be any interest in having a forum. I still think it's a good idea.
Thanks,
Doug
Old 10-29-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-29-2006, 04:32 AM

I know that some forums (digitalpoint?) randomly serve a combination of the owner and the user's adsense ads. Since we'll all have adsense accounts (I would assume) I would suggest we try and use this system on any forum we use (I am not exactly sure how they do it though, I know you provide them with your adsense number on the account page so I assume they just hack the adsense code on their site).