Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 09:10 PM

Default oh no. Not AA again!

Please tell me I did the right thing. PLEASE!!!

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 07-23-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: oh no. Not AA again!

you did the right thing (by posting this hand)

i don't know if i'd fold this on the flop, you have an over pair and have plenty outs vs a two pair, and 4 outs vs a set,

i don't nkow what the right thing to do on the flop is, it's more read dependent IMO

also plz don't post what the rest of hand is like, it clouds people's judgement..

just cut off the flop play and go HERO???? instead of the whole hand

thanks gl
Old 07-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Why'd you bet the flop? Check/call the flop.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

awful.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:31 PM

badplayer,

where are your reads??

i'm not folding this flop against unknowns.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:43 PM

Folding the flop is a mistake, even if you had reads that enabled you to put these guys on hands (which I might add, you don't).

The fact that you may still actually have the best hand notwithstanding, you have at least 5-6 outs on that flop (4 queens, and 2 aces that we MAYBE discount to 1 vs. a possible flopped straight). If one of these guys actually has flopped something that is ahead of you, the implieds make up for the 7:1 you're getting on a call.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:44 PM

Bet/call flop I dont think I fold here when its two small bets back to me on the flop. I think I call and see what the turn brings.

And cut off the action where the decision is because showing the entire hand will influence the responses you get.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me I did the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pfr was a "right thing," as was the bet-out on the flop. After that, let's see:

It's pretty unlikely that you're up against a set, as KK/JJ/TT usually get 3-bet preflop. OESDs, two-pair and TP + OESD type hands are the most likely holdings for your opponents. So, your ace outs are likely hurt, let's cut them down to .5. Your queen outs, similarly, might not be there, and might just make you a split if you do hit one, so let's call them 2. And, two more outs for your outs against two-pair hands that don't make trips or better when the board pairs. So, call it 4.5 outs. So, you're getting 13.5:2, 6.75:1 when it gets back to you, and at (47/4.5)-1:1, 9.4-ish to make a hand. I don't mind this fold, but I'm not sure I make it in the heat of battle.

fwiw, you might make the Results-Oriented Hall of Fame with this one.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 PM

I call the flop. Hope its not capped.

Check the turn. Call 1, fold if 2.

Your flop fold isnt terrible, but its not great. Its a good play if you are striving for weak-tight WLLH type poker.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me I did the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pfr was a "right thing," as was the bet-out on the flop. After that, let's see:

It's pretty unlikely that you're up against a set, as KK/JJ/TT usually get 3-bet preflop. OESDs, two-pair and TP + OESD type hands are the most likely holdings for your opponents. So, your ace outs are likely hurt, let's cut them down to .5. Your queen outs, similarly, might not be there, and might just make you a split if you do hit one, so let's call them 2. And, two more outs for your outs against two-pair hands that don't make trips or better when the board pairs. So, call it 4.5 outs. So, you're getting 13.5:2, 6.75:1 when it gets back to you, and at (47/4.5)-1:1, 9.4-ish to make a hand. I don't mind this fold, but I'm not sure I make it in the heat of battle.

fwiw, you might make the Results-Oriented Hall of Fame with this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forget to add that there is also a possibility that here has the best hand right now. Soneone could also be raising with a Q + pair, just to name a possible holding.