Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: KK: Am I good?

[ QUOTE ]
ALternate play: raise the turn, and fold to a reraise,

i think it's likely that you'll get a free showdown if you raised the turn, i don't know how much this would help in the short run, but it lets us get information, but it costs the same as calling, i relaly can't explain why i would, but i would raise the turn here, sorry, it's late

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not folding the turn.. and might just 3-bet you making you give up your OESD.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i think it's likely that you'll get a free showdown if you raised the turn, i don't know how much this would help in the short run, but it lets us get information, but it costs the same as calling, i relaly can't explain why i would, but i would raise the turn here, sorry, it's late

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not folding the turn.. and might just 3-bet you making you give up your OESD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we be folding to a 3-bet? 14:1 when the action comes back to us is plenty to spike 8ish outs, no?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 PM

U are good. Can't see a better line.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or tears on AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely. There is only one hand where villian has this holding given the action. A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] If we play this hand like villian has this hand everytime we lose a large amount of equity by folding. Villian could have AJ, AT, AK, AQ, KQ, KJs, JJ, TT, QQ, AA. I eliminate TT, JJ, QQ, KK, and AA given the preflop action. I would put villian on AT, AJ, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and KQ given the flop action. Include K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] because we haven't seen his play before (I would three bet KJs if I was the villian)

So AT(12) + AJ (12) + A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](1) + A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](1) + KQ(8) + KJs (1) = 35 combinations. On the turn there are 8.5 BB when you have the action. You are ahead of AT, AJ, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], KQ, and KJs. So you are only behind to 1 combination. If he plays AK the same he plays A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in this sitution, you are still ahead of all but 6. Clear call in my mind. Borderline raise with the intent of calling a 3 bet, call the river. Of course if he river brings an ace, or a club, then our play needs to be reevalutated.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course if he river brings an ace, or a club, then our play needs to be reevalutated.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace (except the ace of clubs) gives hero the nuts. AQ of clubs seems a likely hand, but getting three bet on the turn, even with the OESD, would be unpleasant. The hand looks perfect as played.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we be folding to a 3-bet? 14:1 when the action comes back to us is plenty to spike 8ish outs, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

bolded what i was responding to.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course if he river brings an ace, or a club, then our play needs to be reevaluated.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ace (except the ace of clubs) gives hero the nuts. AQ of clubs seems a likely hand, but getting three bet on the turn, even with the OESD, would be unpleasant. The hand looks perfect as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wasn't even paying attention to the fact hero had OESD himself. Good call, my bad.