Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Full Ring No-Limit Forum requests a split.

Virtually all live games are full ring. And live hands usually look silly and don't get much debate or interesting feedback in the 6-max dominated PL/NL Texas Hold'em forums at any of the stakes. But trying to post a 5/5 NL $1000 hand or a 10/10 NL $2000 hand in the FR forum next to the .05/.10 on-line micro limit posts just because they both have more than 6 players is silly. Even if the hands were identical, the advice on how to play the same hands should usually be different.

I think there should be PL/NL Texas Hold'em Full Ring High Stakes, Full Ring Medium Stakes, and Full Ring Small Stakes forums.

But a Full Ring High Stakes and Full Ring Low Stakes split would be a fine start.

Moreover, the other forums should probably read "6-max High Stakes" or "Short Handed High Stakes" and the MODs should move full ring hands out of those forums over the the appropriate FR forum.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Full Ring No-Limit Forum now unanimously requests a split.

We need 3 forums badly. NL1-50. NL100-200. NL400+.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 AM

While it's true that i hold the stamp of approval, I only use that stamp based on the opinions of those who use this site.

I'm being pulled in many directions these days and the best way to get me to take action is through the mods. If moderators I trust tell me to make these moves, I will.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nobody really cares about your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you posting here?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We don't need your help here

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, dude. It's just the Internet. It doesn't really mean anything anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying for once to keep one of these threads on topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, the other forums should probably read "6-max High Stakes" or "Short Handed High Stakes" and the MODs should move full ring hands out of those forums over the the appropriate FR forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. It's confusing now. And moving the FR hands currently in the SH forums would make up a lot of the posts we'd need to make a new FR forum active.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While it's true that i hold the stamp of approval, I only use that stamp based on the opinions of those who use this site.

I'm being pulled in many directions these days and the best way to get me to take action is through the mods. If moderators I trust tell me to make these moves, I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC at least two FR mods, Nation and Diebitter, are supportive
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 AM

let's just split it into two 6-max forums. get more action going.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the active FR mods - nation, me, Berge20 or Cry Me A River - are unsympathetic of the split argument, but up until now we have been concerned with the potential downside to splitting too prematurely. This is still our concern, but we're balancing this with the obvious groundswell to have the split. We've been discussing this in the mod forum for a few days now (both whether to split, and along what lines), but because of time differences, impending holidays etc, this sort of discussion takes some time to conclude, and is currently ongoing.

In addition, it's been made clear by the reds that no new forums will be created before the planned upgrade, which is a few weeks off.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:39 AM

i think there needs to b a split. not sure on wether or not the split shud b at 100 or 200...but a split shud b happening. wud encourage some higher posters to get involved which wud help evolve the forum (and isnt that goal in the first place?)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the active FR mods - nation, me, Berge20 or Cry Me A River - are unsympathetic of the split argument, but up until now we have been concerned with the potential downside to splitting too prematurely. This is still our concern, but we're balancing this with the obvious groundswell to have the split. We've been discussing this in the mod forum for a few days now (both whether to split, and along what lines), but because of time differences, impending holidays etc, this sort of discussion takes some time to conclude, and is currently ongoing.

In addition, it's been made clear by the reds that no new forums will be created before the planned upgrade, which is a few weeks off.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have discussed doing this on a trial basis, is this the same case with the mods?