Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio & Wynn 5/10NL, Rhino, Brandi sighting - *LON

[ QUOTE ]

"Hard to believe she's not busto by now"

she's a nice person; she's a female in a field that's overwhelmingly male, which i imagine must be tough enough in itself; and although she's not a very good poker player yet, she has the potential to be terrific. so get off her case already and pick on someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're getting your undies in a bundle because someone (me being one of them) suggesting someone is going busto on 2p2 then you really need to just not read any more threads on this site.

If you play more than 65% of your hands, you're just asking for those comments regardless of who you are on this site.

Anne's a great person from the times I've spent talking with her at the table and outside of the poker room. I don't agree with her playing style but that's just my opinion. It's nothing personal. If you have a problem then boo-ho.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Paulie - you are confusing concepts. I suggest you search for "raise to see where I stand" on 2+2 to see what the general consensus is. I didn't say if raising was wrong, I said raising to see where you stand is wrong. I am not as prolific in explaining NL concepts as others are (if its a limit game I can easily explain because I have more experience teaching limit games) so I will let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW- I knew when I was typing that line in the original trip report that I would get a lot of static for it. I should have "put it in quotes."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Great report, and I think all the chatter is proof of that. Also, good hand descriptions and my compliments to OP for taking even the terse criticism in stride.

FWIW, $900 omakase/degustation menu is stan-dard. We're talking some pretty fancy sushi and it doesn't come cheap, esp. at an outlet like Nobu. I've spent close to that on dinner for 2 elsewhere. Just another fun way to throw away monies.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're also likely either gay, or a virgin by the way you are scared of women. So is your crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Octaveshift being gay. He didn't even try to hit on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did tell me he thought you were hot, but not to say anything because cha might get jealous.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played the QQ hand against a ~30 year old super-aggro woman who had an Army green Castro hat on, with her hair pulled back into two stubby pigtails.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not even need to read anymore to know this was Annie Duke. That's bad.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He did tell me he thought you were hot, but not to say anything because cha might get jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up or you're gonna get pozzed yo!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:03 AM

Entertaining stuff.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the guy who stacked your buddy was jack. and ftr i think jack will be diagnosed with severe dementia the day he overbet shoves on a newbie w/o the nuts. i heard an obviously exaggerated rumor that he made $350,000 last year in the wynn 5/10 game, which, divided by the average las vegas table gossip inflation rate, probably still means six figures, but imo he doesn't need it.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

OT...

I am surprised to hear he is a "big" winner in the game. The last time I played with him he spent more time away from the table than at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he have longish hair and constantly smoke by the rail? That guy is a total nit so I could see him beating 5 10 pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see him smoking by the rail a lot, but yes, older "cowboy" with longer white hair and a cowboy hat.

Jack is not a total nit but his play could be described as tight/passive and very straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its probably the same guy. Glad to hear he is doing well, he seemed nice from the few hours I played with him.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, thanks for the analysis. You've saved me the embarrassment of having to post some of these hands in SSNL strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio & Wynn 5/10NL, Rhino, Brandi sighting - *LONG*

Fantastic TR and I like knowing how much stuff costs (meals, etc). Omakase here in Dallas is about $110 I think. How much there at LV Nobu? Must have been expensive sake.

As an antithesis to this TR I'll be posting mine soon where we play 1/2NL and try to eat/stay as cheaply as possible.