Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
I liked that ABC article, especially this part:

The Quebec provincial police told ABC News they were looking into the matter but could not comment on a pending investigation.

Frank Catania, a former gaming commissioner in New Jersey who helped the Kahnawake Gaming establish its regulations, said under commission rules AbsolutePoker could lose its license and individuals could be turned over to Canadian authorities.

"If anything was done illegally or dishonestly, the company could have their license revoked, the money could be refunded or legal ramifications could happen," he said.

somebody needs to write a detailed letter to Frank Catania.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Frank Catania has absolutely no involvement in this, he just helped the Mohawks write their "gaming regulations".
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Generally speaking, unless you hear of a change in ownership for a huge sum of money, whoever set up the company, owns the company. Not as if it wasn't making money.

That's the frat boys and whoever backed the business start-up.

("They'll never work for AP again, they'll just live off the shares...")
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the letter that Chief Joe Norton wrote to the public about how they caught the high level consultant and were going to clean up the mess was a letter from someone not in a high position at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]
He claims to own Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, which seems to own some part of AP - probably the brand or something.

He may well do the things he claimed, and may have some pull.

I'm saying that different parts of the AP operation are owned by different players. Owning the brand/face of AP is one thing, but it should be possible to follow the tracks to other owners.

He can truthfully say that he is the owner of Absolute Poker - because "Absolute Poker" in the context that he uses it refers to the legal entity "Absolute Poker". They also seem to have some sort of management arrangement with another party to actually operate the gaming operations.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM

Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No mention of them having contacted the police, in any country. Think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think AJ Green blackmailing AP is a secret by now so I'm just gonna come out and say it: AJ Green blackmailed AP. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the secret has come out, then why aren't they going after him now? If true, wouldn't that be the fastest way for them to regain their credibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain how going after him now would stop him telling the DOJ what he knows any better than a week ago

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ had something on Absolute that they were willing to pay for rather than go to the police....
That hasn't changed!
They don't want him talking!!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ had something on Absolute that they were willing to pay for rather than go to the police....

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't say "cheating" because then I'm going to have to laugh and probably ban you for idiocy

hint: most of these people are US citizens running a poker site
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No mention of them having contacted the police, in any country. Think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think AJ Green blackmailing AP is a secret by now so I'm just gonna come out and say it: AJ Green blackmailed AP. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the secret has come out, then why aren't they going after him now? If true, wouldn't that be the fastest way for them to regain their credibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain how going after him now would stop him telling the DOJ what he knows any better than a week ago

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to troll, just asking a question. I don't think this is as clear to everyone here as it is to you (at least me). Are you saying that he is blackmailing them with regards to the true ownership of AP, that their systems were comprismised, or something else?

edit: nevermind, just read the above.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the letter that Chief Joe Norton wrote to the public about how they caught the high level consultant and were going to clean up the mess was a letter from someone not in a high position at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]
He claims to own Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, which seems to own some part of AP - probably the brand or something.

He may well do the things he claimed, and may have some pull.

I'm saying that different parts of the AP operation are owned by different players. Owning the brand/face of AP is one thing, but it should be possible to follow the tracks to other owners.

He can truthfully say that he is the owner of Absolute Poker - because "Absolute Poker" in the context that he uses it refers to the legal entity "Absolute Poker". They also seem to have some sort of management arrangement with another party to actually operate the gaming operations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm wondering who in AP has the power to throw out the previous management that was overseen by the ones that seemingly were corrupt? I heard mention that the reason they denied the previous claims of cheating was because they were told to by the ones that were doing the cheating. If that is true somehow, who in AP was able to get them to step down in order to begin cleaning up the mess they made? Other minority shareholders in AP? A group of them? Is their now a name at AP that we can go to as being in charge of AP? Or is Chief Norton the only one who has stepped forward?

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt Gaming Associates knows Mr Norton, since they are in Australia. Go to their website - gamingassociates.com. They seem to have an almost absurd amount of expertise in this area of investigating the honesty of gambling establishments. If they can't get to the bottom of this matter, then I doubt anyone on earth can.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Gaming Associates own website:
[ QUOTE ]

Gaming Associates is the exclusive technical consulting organisation to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. We are the Accredited Test Facility* (ATF) for the Commission, providing technical services in relation to all systems assurance. If you have any questions then please contact the Commission or our Kahnawake Project Manager at kgc@gamingassociates.com

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.gamingassociates.com/Pages/mohawk.aspx

And from the GA-KGC FAQ:

[ QUOTE ]

What services do Gaming Associates provide to the Commission?

Gaming Associates provide services directly to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. The Commission currently directs Gaming Associates to provide:

a risk assessment (systems) of existing and would-be permit holders

an audit to validate claims made by existing & would-be permit holders

a monthly analysis and monitoring program

ad hoc advice and service at the Commission's discretion

[/ QUOTE ]

Qustion is.....if GA does a monthly analysis, what did they miss last month that they are catching now?

And is GA the guys who did the initial investigation that "found nothing improper"?

lol
I was trying to explain to the other poster what blackmail means and why the blackmailed party wouldn't want to report the blackmailer even after some truth came out.
quote:
"if the secret has come out, then why aren't they going after him now? If true, wouldn't that be the fastest way for them to regain their credibility?"