Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: gutter+fd a little deep

Fold. No just kidding - I like a smaller 3bet here as we probably have the most FE with this line. If you're considering just calling his 116 raise the turn pot will be $284 and you will have $547 remaining and a c/r here is getting called all the time. I hate the idea of calling the flop and c/f a turn which doesn't heart up or drop a T considering with a some pressure we can get villain to drop quite a few made hands on this flop; it may be drawy but 3 people saw it and he'll have a tough time not looking for the fold button when you put pressure on him.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why all lines includes getting all-in almost 2 buy-ins deep vs a nit showing aggression. I'm sure your fe is very limited and at best you have 44% eq, at worst 13%.

Calling and check/shoving a blank turn is by far the worst line suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick,

What line do you believe is most optimal?

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction was to just call the raise getting decent odds and check/fold the turn UI. I think if we call the flop the only way to play the turn UI is to check/fold. Unless we're getting priced in on the turn in which case we obv can call.

I don't like the idea of donk/3-betting vs this kind of player because his raise range on the flop is probably really strong.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no sense in which this hand belongs in SSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly post in ssnl an didnt rly think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why all lines includes getting all-in almost 2 buy-ins deep vs a nit showing aggression. I'm sure your fe is very limited and at best you have 44% eq, at worst 13%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have ~40% equity v his range so I dont need much fe w/ all the money already in the pot to make getting it in a gd idea. I also think the hands I have the best equity against are by far the biggest parts of his range. I just wanted to see what people thought was the best way to maximise my fe.

I dont rly see anything wrong w/ calling an donking hearts, c/r:ing a straight but I think playing it more aggressivly fits better into my overall gameplan.

[ QUOTE ]
Calling and check/shoving a blank turn is by far the worst line suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree w/ people saying this. I didnt rly think about stack sizes.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have ~40% equity v his range so I dont need much fe w/ all the money already in the pot to make getting it in a gd idea. I also think the hands I have the best equity against are by far the biggest parts of his range. I just wanted to see what people thought was the best way to maximise my fe.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't even think pushing is +ev. Given that you're deep vill needs to fold almost 25% and I don't think he will.

[ QUOTE ]
also think the hands I have the best equity against are by far the biggest parts of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make sense. Why would he be more likely to raise AA/KK/AQ than QQ/88?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont rly see anything wrong w/ calling an donking hearts, c/r:ing a straight but I think playing it more aggressivly fits better into my overall gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line.

Edit for calcs:

EV when called:
0.4*(679 + 16 + 56) - 0.6(679 - 16 - 56) = -$64

When you push and he folds you win:
52 + 40 + 116 = +$208

He needs to fold:
64/(208 + 64) = 24%

This is actually even worse because he'll only fold hands you're in relatively good shape against which means your eq vs his calling range is less than 40%.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM

As others have said, you have to assume you have very little FE here.

So call, CRAI straights. Donk flush turns. Otherwise, fold unless you're getting really good odds.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make sense. Why would he be more likely to raise AA/KK/AQ than QQ/88?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that hes more likely to raise them its that theres alot more combos of them an I think he limps 88 behind some pf.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM

Results?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that hes more likely to raise them its that theres alot more combos of them an I think he limps 88 behind some pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Easily cancelled out by the fact that he's more likely to raise a set 2 buy-in deep and that 33 isn't even included in his range. That pretty much makes up for him sometimes limping 88/33.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM

yeah i would 3bet here to $300 or something like that, following up with a shove on the turn if called
Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM

i like the fact that we are deep, it gives us better FE. i'm not sure how much FE we have but we only need a tiny bit to make a profit