Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: KK in 3-bet pot, A hits the turn. NL2k

[ QUOTE ]
mods need to start banning people like freeucm, and liberally, then maybe some good players will come back here

this hand looks ok to me if you don't c/r the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mods need to start banning people like freeucm, and liberally, then maybe some good players will come back here

this hand looks ok to me if you don't c/r the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES
Old 09-15-2007, 05:49 PM

I didnīt check-raised the flop cuz, I really thought that the villian would fire the second bullet, or he could hit some J or Q, or at least pretend that he did hit it, and bet out. Due to the history between us I think Villian sees my hand like a mid pocket pair, TT or something, and is willing to bet me out from that.
I admit that the turn cr AI was bad, but the time I just thought why not get it in, cuz itīs not even a miniraise. You guys who are saying that ch-call the turn, I suppose you also call river AI, getting like 1:6, right?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:18 PM

i think you have to stack off here, as you said his reraising range is wide, the ace is a good card for him to fire again and he would probably check behind a lot of those aces hoping he get some more on the river from your mid pair. that said i think calling the turn and checking the river is the correct play, i doubt he bluffs that often with little FE but he might check behind weak aces.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 PM

"so I sticked to my plan and get it in"

I think you gave ur own answer right there. Just don't look at this hand, but all ur KK post/rag flop hands. KK is pretty much a push against one player. If you shove before the flop, PF, or on the streets is up to you. I think ur play was a little trappy, because you would know more if you bump him again b4 the flop. If he calls that, easier to push him post/flop instead of check/call, and maybe u never get to the A.

After c/c the flop for value, tuff luck you see an A. But over the KK hands you play, how often does that A show turn/river? Plus, although he has odds, no reason to call now unless he has a winner, so a weak Ace has a tuffer call. Certainly no point in you CALLING the turn, so it's shove or fold.

If you fold, it isn't that weak because he doesn't know what you folded, and he puts you on a missed draw. Here is where your read comes in, and you would only fold if you could put him on the A. If you had a bigger stack, it's an easier fold, because you have to risk much more equity to AI.

In the end, you have a plan to get value from your KK, kind of like getting value from a flush-chaser. When the flush comes, you fold, trashing the implied odds for ur opponent. When the A comes, you would do the same thing if you can put him on the A, but ur aggro villain could have anything.

Also, as you say, you left him great odds by being shorty, so many hands could still call you that don't have you beat.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 PM

you destroyed this hand by c/c the flop... You deserve to get an ace on the turn.

Seriously though, how can we give you advice for check/call flop poker?

As played, i just muck..
Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you destroyed this hand by c/c the flop... You deserve to get an ace on the turn.

Seriously though, how can we give you advice for check/call flop poker?

As played, i just muck..

[/ QUOTE ]

yea man nvr mix it up !
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 PM

i dont play hsnl, but is 4-betting pf a no no because it turns our hand face up?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Why do people who can't beat $.50/1 feel compelled to post in HSNL? Someone needs to make me a mod...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 PM

Preflop: The call is fine, but I personally 4 bet light sometimes so I would also 4 bet this. If you never 4 bet light I'd call here everytime.

Flop: After just calling preflop I'd c/r here a large portion of the time to counterbalance when i bluff c/r the flop with missed overs.

Turn: Nasty card. Your hand looks like 66-QQ and the villian will mostly like bet all his aces, 9s and all hands that don't beat 66-QQ. At this point you have to make an estmation of how big his 3 betting range is. As described I'd either shove it or call. I don't see much of a difference in the EV. If I c/c the turn then I probaly c/c the river if i think the villian is capable of bluffing in that spot. If not c/f).