Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: $30 i has a combo draw

[ QUOTE ]
AJ and KJ call here all day long. If they did not I would shove without thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely would call a shove, is villain a spewy monkey or something? do we know this? im never/rarely felting KJ/ or AJ here without a very good read, and i doubt many good regs would either.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for all of you who said shove------

we are shoving then for fold equity and not truly b/c we have a combo draw, the EV of the shove here, if a shove is truly +EV, comes from a combination of the times we get a fold and the times we hit one of our 9 outs, against particular villains this is a very -EV shove. ---- unless you think his calling range includes a bare J---- we are not flipping against his calling range, as I would be very surprised to see him call with AJ, KJ, or a lower flush draw----- his calling range makes up hands we have 9 outs to

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We're raising for FE on the hands that beat us but he will fold, and we're raising for our flush outs and SOMETIMES K/Q outs on the hands that beat us and he will call with.

That is correct...and it is + EV. Whether he calls or not with AJ or KJ is largely irrelevant
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Who said MP was a reg? Who said MP was good?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

we are shoving then for fold equity and not truly b/c we have a combo draw, the EV of the shove here, if a shove is truly +EV, comes from a combination of the times we get a fold and the times we hit one of our 9 outs, against particular villains this is a very -EV shove. ---- unless you think his calling range includes a bare J---- we are not flipping against his calling range, as I would be very surprised to see him call with AJ, KJ, or a lower flush draw----- his calling range makes up hands we have 9 outs to

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We're raising for FE on the hands that beat us but he will fold, and we're raising for our flush outs on the hands that beat us and he will call with.

That is correct...and it is + EV. Whether he calls or not with AJ or KJ is largely irrelevant

[/ QUOTE ]

traz, against most villains their range here is AJ/KJ or better---- against some villains---- its tighter then that---- the shove is only +EV if their calling range includes AJ or KJ or if their leading range includes air, semibluffs and other types of hands--- otherwise we are shoving into a 40/60 situation at best--- otherwise we are not gaining enough fold equity to counter balance the odds of drawing out.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ and KJ call here all day long. If they did not I would shove without thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you shove 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 PM

Thats actually a fairly interesting question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately, we will never know the correct answer to this since I dont see people folding tp often enough. But if they did, I'd only have to be right about 55-60% of the time and it would most certainly be EV+ since I dont think he has something better than AJ here more than 40-45% of the time.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We're raising for FE on the hands that beat us but he will fold, and we're raising for our flush outs on the hands that beat us and he will call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

traz, against most villains their range here is AJ/KJ or better---- against some villains---- its tighter then that---- the shove is only +EV if their calling range includes AJ or KJ or if their leading range includes air, semibluffs and other types of hands--- otherwise we are shoving into a 40/60 situation at best--- otherwise we are not gaining enough fold equity to counter balance the odds of drawing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely SOMETIMES villain's will call with AJ or worse. There are still all sorts of other combo draws out there.