Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Is this an instacall for you? (WSOP ME big draw)

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone try and figure out what the huge overbet all in means? He can comfortably raise a sizable amount. I was shocked when he moved all in. Very visably.

BTW, how much does your opinion change if I had AJhh?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's out of position, assuming he's not making a moronic push with a set or overpair, the push means he has a huge draw, either a pair and a flush draw, 2 overs with the nut flush draw, open ended str8 flush draw, or flush draw with an inside straight draw. Playing huge draws OOP is a pain in the ass, and overshoving may be the best way to play them.

Given the very real possibility that he's drawing to a bigger flush than you (or since you've never seen him before, that he has a set), you have to fold. Against a pair and the nut flush draw (which if I had to pick one hand that he has, that would be it), you're in serious trouble.

AhJh is much more interesting. I think it wouldn't have happened, because my money is on him having the Ah here. Against a random opponent, I'd probably fold because I'd be worried that my overs were not outs, but I'm really not sure what I would do.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dump it

[/ QUOTE ]

you still have 227k on Day 4

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this really has nothing to do with it for me, but fold.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Funny. The initial responses I got were that I should have called. I feel better now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny. The initial responses I got were that I should have called. I feel better now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly can't beleive you saying that matt and gobbo were telling you call. This is such a clear fold its unreal to me that good players are saying call.

[censored], we don't even have our best case scenario except for VERY rare times. (tt is possible... but so are bigger pairs, and biggers flush draws are reallllllly likely).
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 PM

I can't see what you are ahead of that would make this move besides something like 8h9h.

I haven't played in any tournaments 1/500th of this buy-in before, but I think this is a very easy fold.

I play preflop and the flop the same way too.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 PM

yea this seems to be a pretty standard fold. wtf check behind on flop? how results oriented can you get...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM

What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call? I had a lot of problem dealing with big draws deep stacked, when facing resistence. Online you just jam it cause you're always priced in. Here this wasn't the case.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
It's the nut flush draw or a nervous older guy with a huge hand. Either one is very bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial reaction when Yuv first told me the hand was to call, but after further analysis, I really agree with the above statement here. Even if we learned later that he wasn't a "nervous old guy," you still have to run with whatever read you did have at the time, which wasn't much at all.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might be good enough to get me towards a call because we're never killed by another FD, we occasionally kill another FD, and our A is more likely to be an out when we're up against a big pair.

Just to confirm something, we'd rather call with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] than K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], right?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea this seems to be a pretty standard fold. wtf check behind on flop? how results oriented can you get...

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, very result oriented. That's why I said "following what happened, I should have checked behind". If I thought he c/r me all in X% of the time, checking behind might not be that bad. Obviously that didn't seem very likely.

Alright, since it seem to be established as an easy fold, I tanked for a bit and folded. He showed me the As. The way he flipped it over (seemingly uncaring to which card it was) makes me feel very confident that he had AA.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
What If he raises to 70k? Do you guys fold, shove, call? I had a lot of problem dealing with big draws deep stacked, when facing resistence. Online you just jam it cause you're always priced in. Here this wasn't the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're hardly deep-stacked...

edit: Anyway, I'm jamming in that spot 100% of the time, and I don't really think that's close.