Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games)

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up something I've wondered about. Is it possible to make a genuine long-term profit playing really high-stakes limit online?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the best players, absolutely, though the variance might make some sick. I should clarify that all my hands logged above 100/200 have been at live poker only, never played those scary big online games. I'm not entirely sure I'm answering the question you had in mind, if I didn't please rephrase.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games)

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up something I've wondered about. Is it possible to make a genuine long-term profit playing really high-stakes limit online?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the best players, absolutely, though the variance might make some sick. I should clarify that all my hands logged above 100/200 have been at live poker only, never played those scary big online games. I'm not entirely sure I'm answering the question you had in mind, if I didn't please rephrase.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read in Ed's blog that he believes that games are moving away from limit to NL (not sure if he was talking online or live, low-stakes or high-stakes). Thoughts on that?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM

What do you feel is the biggest diff between 1/2-2/4, my current online game, and 5/10? 30/60?

I've played as high as 30/60 live and to me there was very little diference outside of aggression between that game and my normal 8/16 game. Did I just find some good games, or is 30/60 live just as horrible (pretty sure I alreadt know the answer)? The NorCal and Vegas games always seem juicy...

At what point/limit, do you think online games become glaringly more difficult to beat if any? Live?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:31 PM

Chris -

[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games) and I'll play any limit game there is including made up ones because its fun to figure things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your approximate winrate at the Commerce 100/200? At 30/60 online?

How does the 100/200 Commerce game compare to online games? In other words, fill in the blank: If you could beat ....... online, then you should be able to beat the 100/200 game.

What were the hardest lessons (poker and life lessons) that you learned as you moved up in stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
So I write when I can on my blog and have written a few poker articles that I posted on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Links to any of these?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris -

[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games) and I'll play any limit game there is including made up ones because its fun to figure things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your approximate winrate at the Commerce 100/200? At 30/60 online? <font color="blue"> I would have to do some math with my Excel chart that I use to track live play. I believe I am at least a $250 an hour favorite in a generic Commerce 100/200 game. 30/60 online I'd guess 1 bb/100 in the current games but I am beating 30/60 online games for 4 bb/100 over 50k hands in PT - I game select goood. </font>

How does the 100/200 Commerce game compare to online games? In other words, fill in the blank: If you could beat ....... online, then you should be able to beat the 100/200 game.

<font color="blue"> This is a tough one because the game is so unique. It can sometimes be very tough, at least as tough as an online full ring 30/60 game. Sometimes it can be great, but very aggressive and still somewhat dangerous, more like a loose aggressive 10/20 6max game.</font>

What were the hardest lessons (poker and life lessons) that you learned as you moved up in stakes? <font color="blue"> My psychological and actual bankrolls are not the same. At high stakes or shorthanded the player who is tilting the most is the fish. Trying to get even is stupid (still working on this). I'm sure there are more.</font>

[ QUOTE ]
So I write when I can on my blog and have written a few poker articles that I posted on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Links to any of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

My blog is www.deathdonkey.com and the articles are at http://www.deucescracked.com/Strateg...er_Poker_Games

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM

what is your first name?

what kind of car do you drive?

about a month ago, I was playing .50/1 at Stars. a player by the name of "DeathDonkey" sat down 2 seats to my right. Was that you? I gave a sup bro? but got no response.

What do you think of this whole Neteller fiasco? Do you think we will ever see our money?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM

How long did it take to go from fish to pro?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long did it take to go from fish to pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only a fish for probably less than a month before I upgraded to mediocre. I would be a fish if I played in games I shouldn't but I think my game selection is for the most part excellent.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 AM

DD/Chris,

What do you like to do for fun, besides poker of course.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DD/Chris,

What do you like to do for fun, besides poker of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually something that bothers me a bit. In the last year since stopping going to school, I've been way too poker-centric. Recently I've been playing tennis with my brother or some friends once or twice a week, so that's a start, but I really need to do a better job of finding things to do besides poker. Not sure if this counts but making dinner and watching a movie with my wife is a lot of fun since we work on different schedules and don't get too much time awake together.

Also recently I've been trying to be more diligent with writing, as I really enjoy it. So I write when I can on my blog and have written a few poker articles that I posted on 2+2. Also have been doing some programming for my websites which keeps me doing something I learned in college so my degree isn't a total waste.

-DeathDonkey