Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

How do they determine if you're a multi-accounter? I have a backup plan in case I am deep in a tourney and my internet connection goes out. (I tether my blackberry as a modem and run off of AT&T's wireless network).

My IP address would be completely different than the one I started the tournament with.

Oh wait, for this to be an issue I would need to actually go deep in a major. Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do they determine if you're a multi-accounter? I have a backup plan in case I am deep in a tourney and my internet connection goes out. (I tether my blackberry as a modem and run off of AT&T's wireless network).

My IP address would be completely different than the one I started the tournament with.

Oh wait, for this to be an issue I would need to actually go deep in a major. Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your geographical location would still be the same. Your concern would be them thinking someone else is taking over for you but if you lose connection that's legal anyways.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your geographical location would still be the same. Your concern would be them thinking someone else is taking over for you but if you lose connection that's legal anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

err, I was under the impression that that's no longer legal
Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 PM

i just read through stars TOS and i coudlnt find anything about it. I really hope thats not agains tthe rules, cause i'm definitely gonna end up breaking that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it happens monthly that i have to call a friend to take over for my shoddy interenet connection/unexpected thing i have to leave for.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

err, I was under the impression that that's no longer legal

[/ QUOTE ]

Raymer did it in the WCOOP event he won. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just read through stars TOS and i coudlnt find anything about it. I really hope thats not agains tthe rules, cause i'm definitely gonna end up breaking that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it happens monthly that i have to call a friend to take over for my shoddy interenet connection/unexpected thing i have to leave for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Number 21 from the rules: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:
- You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
- You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
- You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
- Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.
- You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him. This is prohibited.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 PM

I see... how ridiculously unclear of them. What if I get a phone call and decide I'd rather leave than finish the tournament. Can my husband play longer than 10 minutes?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see... how ridiculously unclear of them. What if I get a phone call and decide I'd rather leave than finish the tournament. Can my husband play longer than 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funkii we like to have a don't ask don't tell policy here at 2+2. In the future please say "my significant other'. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funkii we like to have a don't ask don't tell policy here at 2+2. In the future please say "my significant other'. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHA. Badger 1, Funkii 0
Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 PM

oh come on, I made the joke myself, how does he get the point?
Closed Thread