Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 AM

Default High Stakes mixed games (Vegas)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, so please move if so.

Here in Europe the only big live games are the 50/100NL or 20/40PLO and they only occassionaly run during the EPT.
The only bigger mixed game runs in Londen (but in the UK they only seem to play pot-limit).

I heard stories that they have regularly big mixed games in bellagio and venetian (300/600, 400/800). Can any of you tell me if these games run on a daily basis, and what games they mostly consist of? Or isn't vegas the place to be for mixed games and is it better to play in Commerce?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: High Stakes mixed games (Vegas)

I heard there is a mixed game in Vegas that all the top pros play(2k/4k ldo). Clownie Gowen was the big winner the last few sesh. But enough about gossip. News? Views?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, so please move if so.

Here in Europe the only big live games are the 50/100NL or 20/40PLO and they only occassionaly run during the EPT.
The only bigger mixed game runs in Londen (but in the UK they only seem to play pot-limit).

I heard stories that they have regularly big mixed games in bellagio and venetian (300/600, 400/800). Can any of you tell me if these games run on a daily basis, and what games they mostly consist of? Or isn't vegas the place to be for mixed games and is it better to play in Commerce?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot more big games in Europe than what you describe.

To answer your question, the commerce is a limit haven, so if you want the biggest and best limit games, the commerce is the place, but I'm not sure about mixed there. In vegas mixed limit games are quite popular in the limits you describe, but I couldn't tell you the schedule.

In vegas the mixed games at that level will include 2-7 and badugi, whilst in europe these games aren't included in the pl dealers games.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-14-2007, 12:25 PM

vegas is dead most of the year, you probably wont find anything between the 40/80-60/120 level and the 1k/2k+ level when theres not a tournament in town, commerce is the place to be for mix games as well as straight holdem games, 400/800+ mix every night and usually big holdem too, most popular games are the draw games, good to know eveything in BEHOT
Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

when where what
Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 PM

I'm curious also where and what kind of mixed games they run in Europe. I know they have the 'Big Game' in London, where they mostly spread a dealers choice game (PLO, PLOhi/lo, PL-stud, etc).
Old 10-14-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vegas is dead most of the year, you probably wont find anything between the 40/80-60/120 level and the 1k/2k+ level when theres not a tournament in town, commerce is the place to be for mix games as well as straight holdem games, 400/800+ mix every night and usually big holdem too, most popular games are the draw games, good to know eveything in BEHOT

[/ QUOTE ]

how true is that? I'll be there in 4 weeks.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:29 PM

currently the biggest regular game going at the Vic is £500 PLH. this means the minimum sit-down is with £500 and no cap. blinds are £10/£10 with an optional £20 straddle (i think). there are always two or three players sitting with around £10k in this game. the rest sit with anything between £1k - £5k.

they used to have a regular dealer's choice game which tended to be a £250 game. the structure in this is a running ante of £3 with the first player bringing it in for £5 or folding. every game is played pot limit and games that can be chosen include Holdem, Omaha, Stud, Stud 8, Omaha 8 (4 or 5 card), Courcheval, Courcheval Hi-Lo, Super-stud, Irish (3,4 or 5 card)and London Lowball (which is 7 stud lowball with the best hand being A2346). This game was often played as a £500 game too. it used to go all the time but then one of the regulars in the line-up got his membership suspended for a few months and the game migrated over to the Western Club. This regular is now back in the Vic so the Dealers Choice game may take off again now.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
currently the biggest regular game going at the Vic is £500 PLH. this means the minimum sit-down is with £500 and no cap. blinds are £10/£10 with an optional £20 straddle (i think). there are always two or three players sitting with around £10k in this game. the rest sit with anything between £1k - £5k.

they used to have a regular dealer's choice game which tended to be a £250 game. the structure in this is a running ante of £3 with the first player bringing it in for £5 or folding. every game is played pot limit and games that can be chosen include Holdem, Omaha, Stud, Stud 8, Omaha 8 (4 or 5 card), Courcheval, Courcheval Hi-Lo, Super-stud, Irish (3,4 or 5 card)and London Lowball (which is 7 stud lowball with the best hand being A2346). This game was often played as a £500 game too. it used to go all the time but then one of the regulars in the line-up got his membership suspended for a few months and the game migrated over to the Western Club. This regular is now back in the Vic so the Dealers Choice game may take off again now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I miss the Vic. My goal right now is to become financially stable and move to Lancaster Gate and play at the Vic everyday. That would be the life...